You can type here any text you want

Tested a BA Performance Intercooler today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
top gun said:
Sully, upgrading intercoolers would be a great move for your new combo.
You would have to be a fool to put "The Jack" back on after all the carnage it caused you in the past.

Dave , first off you have set the bar for all of us in TSM. I hope someone can step up and make push your combo some this year. It's got to boring at the top. I'm sure you went through some parts to get to where you're at now. As someone told me building a 109 to run at this level is like "racing a piece of glass".
It's unfair to say the intercooler in Sully's combo is the single cause of his carnage. I can think of several TSM type cars that at the 10.0's - 9.9's range that tossed the "stock" crank and rods, myself included. Mine had nothing to do with high MAT's. All this info on intercoolers helps and I'll be looking closer at my MATs this year but I'll make my decision on the one I use from my own test results that works on my combo. See ya at BG.

MAX PSI said:
It's unfair to say the intercooler in Sully's combo is the single cause of his carnage. I can think of several TSM type cars that at the 10.0's - 9.9's range that tossed the "stock" crank and rods, myself included. Mine had nothing to do with high MAT's.

Not only unfair... just play wrong and a bold faced lie :biggrin: Then again honesty hasn't been a big concern for them.

Sully,
I will continue to stay out of the intercooler debate, so don't go attacking me next. Drop me a PM or give me a call and I will try to help you again (even though I'm not on your "helpful vendors" list). I now have the logs and can perhaps answer any questions you might have about them.

V6 Beast said:
So don't assume that when I jump in and defend Jack it's because I think his IC is better or worse. It's because he is my friend and been there anytime I needed him over the last 7-8 years.

I think this statement says a lot about why this debate has started and also why it's not going to end any time soon. I too, could jump in and defend your atacking my friends, but where is that going to get us?

HighPSI said:
Sully,
I will continue to stay out of the intercooler debate, so don't go attacking me next. Drop me a PM or give me a call and I will try to help you again (even though I'm not on your "helpful vendors" list). I now have the logs and can perhaps answer any questions you might have about them.

I think this statement says a lot about why this debate has started and also why it's not going to end any time soon. I too, could jump in and defend your atacking my friends, but where is that going to get us?

Hey. Don't confuse defending myself with attacking. I haven't attacked anyone nor will I. They attack me and I have to defend myself sometimes. It was obvious this thread had nothing to do with intercoolers when 2 things happened. 1st when I offered to host Otto's logs about a new intercooler and he sends me 3 runs with a new IC and out of the blue 3 more runs that he says are with Jacks and asks me to show RPM, MAT and Boost only. There was no mention of a test or comparision when I offered. Then before I even have a chance to post them Dave posts his usual BS and that pretty muched steered this thread to where it is now.

Bottom line is I don't have any questions about the data. I understand it perfectly. After the 1st run the test should have been over or they should have turned the boost down and tested at a point where they weren't blowing through the converter.

HighPSI said:
Sully,
Drop me a PM or give me a call and I will try to help you again (even though I'm not on your "helpful vendors" list).

BTW don't go reading posts wrong too. It wasn't a helpful vendors list. It was a list of vendors that I have purchased from in the last year. I haven't purchased from you, but I think you are a fine vendor and I certainly see you helping others that have purchased from you and offered help to those that haven't as well.

V6 Beast said:
Hey. Don't confuse defending myself with attacking. I haven't attacked anyone nor will I. They attack me and I have to defend myself sometimes. It was obvious this thread had nothing to do with intercoolers when 2 things happened. 1st when I offered to host Otto's logs about a new intercooler and he sends me 3 runs with a new IC and out of the blue 3 more runs that he says are with Jacks and asks me to show RPM, MAT and Boost only. There was no mention of a test or comparision when I offered. Then before I even have a chance to post them Dave posts his usual BS and that pretty muched steered this thread to where it is now.

Bottom line is I don't have any questions about the data. I understand it perfectly. After the 1st run the test should have been over or they should have turned the boost down and tested at a point where they weren't blowing through the converter.

By reading this, It appears that Otto sent you 3 logs that the BA intercooler was used, then at a later time, sent more logs and asked you to post only the 3 items on the Jack cooler. This would also look as if you were told to post the BA in it's entirety but only post the few items on the Jack. Can you provide some insight on this as I don't want to take this the wrong way.

On a side note, why would you not just post the BA units results and not the results on the Jack cooler then? :confused:

Ted A. said:
By reading this, It appears that Otto sent you 3 logs that the BA intercooler was used, then at a later time, sent more logs and asked you to post only the 3 items on the Jack cooler. This would also look as if you were told to post the BA in it's entirety but only post the few items on the Jack. Can you provide some insight on this as I don't want to take this the wrong way.

On a side note, why would you not just post the BA units results and not the results on the Jack cooler then? :confused:

Yes I would be happy to clear it up as it isn't clear. All 6 runs came in the same email and he wanted only tps, rpm and mat shown on all 6 runs. Sorry not boost my bad, I guess it isn't a contibuting factor in MAT. I wasn't expecting any runs with Jacks IC at all.

Like I said in earlier post after seeing Dave's post I had no desire to help with the BS in any form.

Sully, all i wanted was one log posted of the 3 BA,you got 3 so you could see there wasnt a fluke among them.The only reason and i told you this in an email why i wanted just those posted was most people would have a hard time disecting a picture,Thats all,What exaclty are you saying i was trying to hide? If i was hiding anything at all i would have not sent you anything.I realize how tight you are with jack,But never did i ask you to post anything that had to do with his test.

KLHAMMETT said:
Sully, all i wanted was one log posted of the 3 BA,you got 3 so you could see there wasnt a fluke among them.The only reason and i told you this in an email why i wanted just those posted was most people would have a hard time disecting a picture,Thats all,What exaclty are you saying i was trying to hide? If i was hiding anything at all i would have not sent you anything.I realize how tight you are with jack,But never did i ask you to post anything that had to do with his test.

I'm not saying your trying to hide anything Otto. All I am saying is that you sent me 6 logs to post and asked for rpm, tps, and mat to be shown. 3 were the BA, 3 were Jacks. You said you weren't comparing them but all I have seen is comparisons. You said you weren't trying to start **** but here we are on page 5. Are you trying to say that you sent me 6 logs but only asked to have 1 posted? I would be glad to post the email if that is what you are trying to say.

I have typed up responses here at least 3 -4 times since last nite....... it is useles to respond to these attacks against, myself, my products and good people like Sully and a few others.... no one wins. There is maybe a couple of posts of value, not sure of+what kind of value and the rest are nothing more than showing the true reason behind the IC testing here. You all can denie all you want, it is obvious to most that have wasted their time reading this.

Since one of the participants here was stupid enought to actually pm with the threat of extortion, in other words THEY will leave me alone if I comply with their demands...... Is this Iraq......... or the Middle east.... unbelievable, it is clear to me what is going on in this thread. It is a shame that TB.com is allowing this to continue and allowing these so called upper crust of the BUick community a platform for this unacceptable behavior. I will not participate here any longer and hope that Sully and others know how much I appreciate the support. Now, Back to work here....... I have customers to take care of. :cool:

JCotton said:
Since one of the participants here was stupid enought to actually pm with the threat of extortion, in other words THEY will leave me alone if I comply with their demands...... Is this Iraq......... or the Middle east.... unbelievable,

it is clear to me what is going on in this thread. It is a shame that TB.com is allowing this to continue and allowing these so called upper crust of the BUick community a platform for this unacceptable behavior. :

LOL! You better have your attorney contact the FBI on that extorsion threat.

It's nice to see that the mods on this board won't lock a thread when you call crying trying to control information.

I hope the customers that are calling are not ordering new intercoolers until they are properly tested and rated unlike "The Jack"

top gun said:

It's nice to see that the mods on this board won't lock a thread when you call crying trying to control information.

I hope the customers that are calling are not ordering new intercoolers until they are properly tested and rated unlike "The Jack"

No crying here sonny, I can take care of myself...... I don't need to call the board for help, unlike some of you all.. we all have seen when a thread gets locked here..... :wink:

top gun said:

No matter what you type Dave, it comes across the same "blah blah blah..My Vagina Hurts" :D

V6 Beast said:
I'm sorry Dave.... You have me confused with somebody who gives a **** what you think.

You can count on this: I will be running an IC I got from Jack this season. :biggrin:

Enough of this IC bs for me. I am sure that with you three as spokesmen that BA will be around a long, long time supporting Buicks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S.

SULLY,

READ WHAT YOU WROTE slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR THE ONE THAT SAID ( GOT ) NO GOING TO GET COTTONS INTERCOOLER

V6 Beast said:
Not only unfair... just play wrong and a bold faced lie :biggrin: Then again honesty hasn't been a big concern for them.
THEM???? WHere i have been dishonest?? If your calling me a liar about any info i posted lets here,Then we will have a problem.I dont make it a point to lie.

V6 Beast said:
I'm not saying your trying to hide anything Otto. All I am saying is that you sent me 6 logs to post and asked for rpm, tps, and mat to be shown. 3 were the BA, 3 were Jacks. You said you weren't comparing them but all I have seen is comparisons. You said you weren't trying to start **** but here we are on page 5. Are you trying to say that you sent me 6 logs but only asked to have 1 posted? I would be glad to post the email if that is what you are trying to say.
Well i believe this is one of the last emails i sent to you
"I was by no means trying to skew data,Feel free to post it all,I figured most people would not know what they are looking at so show them the detail,But im fine with letting it all out.As far as the car not going faster there are 2 things to look at.1 look at the rpm and you can see the converter was pretty much slipping the entire time.A convertor should get the car dow nthe track quicker.Also when running inlet temps higher you are closer to the edge of detonation,WIth mat temps as low as the BA did we could have easily and safely added a 5 or more pounds of boost and a few degrees of timng,That would have definetly gave us more power,But with the convertor showing what it did, we did not turn it up.Also he should post pics of his real wheel studs all 10 were bent!!So we put the car away.Im not positive but i do believe the une will change with the proper convertor slip.
Dont think i am trying to hide info,Post it all.
Otto Pernek"

JCotton said:
There is maybe a couple of posts of value, not sure of+what kind of value and the rest are nothing more than showing the true reason behind the IC testing here. You all can denie all you want, it is obvious to most that have wasted their time reading this.
The True reason behind testing the YOUR intercooler was because YOU ASKED JIM FOR DATA.Do you disagree with this statement?I did not need to test it any further.

The true reason for testing the BA BMF cooler was to give them test results on an intercooler they sent me to test.

No agenda, no bs just what i actually did nad it was what YOU ASKED FOR.

V6 Beast said:
No matter what you type Dave, it comes across the same "blah blah blah..My Vagina Hurts" :D

When you run 147+MPH. Vagina lips tend to get chapped.So dave has a valid reason to cry about his hurting :biggrin:

Back