You can type here any text you want

TH DP and HR Parts motor mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Guys I finally finished working on a TTA with HR parts and a Terry Houston DP on a girdled motor.The mounts give the down pipe awesome clearance. But for some reason it still sounds like the pipe is hitting on acceleration at about 2k to 3500 rpm. Before or after that it feels and sounds fine. I cannot see any where it may be hitting.

Any one have experience with this combo. Im I hearing things or is this common to this combo??

If the crossover and DP touch, will they make noise? That seems like a stupid comment but there is no way for them not to touch...

I have both installed in my car also.

No knocking or banging on accel. Mounts seem to get smoother as you get a few mile son the car I've noticed or I'm living with a little more vibration lol

My THDP required a lot of TLC to install when I had the stock mounts still(BFH for install :-))

While underneath it today tightening the converter bolts back up(they rattle loud when they come loose dont they?) I saw that even without my improvements from original install it would still contact the pass manifold and also at the pass side control arm mounting point. So really really double check everything as it sits now.

Do u also have the downpipe to manifold stud connector installed? This takes some playing but will also eliminate any flex or change of position once it is installed as well

Hope something I rambled on about helps you out

later
Jeremy

Jeremy,
Thanks for the help. The car has a brand new set of HR parts mounts. The latest design.
The down pipe has clearance everywhere but in the crossover to DP section. They are touching. They are very tight against each other. So much that i cant see them vibrating. I have the factory stud bracket attached also.

Does your cross over touch the down pipe anywhere? Im going to pull the crossover again and massage it so they dont touch. Well see if this helps.

Hey.. you never call..

The DP and Xover are too touch. Your probably banging against the subframes or becuase of a weak cat back mount going to the crossmember.

Geesh cant let Buick guys work on TTA's :rolleyes:

:D

LOL... Regals are easy to work on...every thing is so tight on these damn TTAs. I have spent so much time under this one that I have started to find it very comfortable under there...

Julio
this car has the goods... If the owner ever takes it to the track it should be close to yours...

But he never will its just a weekend toy...

I started to think about the rear portion of the exhaust and wondering if thats where the noise is coming from as you stated.

Back