Thanks to the Tx. Buick Members

T

tc86gn

Just wanted to let you guys know how much we enjoyed the get together in Houston.
It was well worth the drive from Louisiana to meet a very friendly group of folks that share the same interest in these cars that we do. Also, a chance to put faces to some of the names on the board.
I must say that ALL of the Buicks I saw there were very fine looking cars. Everyone was more than helpful in exchanging ideas and information. I learned a lot about what I still need to do to my car.
Special thanks to E.J. and Mike for inviting us to stop by on the way home. E.J. was very helpful and helped me to figure out that the scantool I have was not giving me an accurate knock reading.
Thanks again to all!
Tom

tc86gn,
Thanks for coming out. I enjoyed meeting you and your girl. It's nice to put a name with a face. I love the dash in your car. Looks great. Next time I think where going to do a cruise around town and go to some other car meets. Should be fun. We will keep you updated when this happens. You should try to bring you car up to Noble Ok for the Buick / Ford shoot out. It's October 26th.

See ya

Chris,
I sure would like to go. Not sure if my car is ready for the track though. Still have some more work to do. I would still go though, and maybe give a hand and see what you guys do for the track as far as fuel, chips,boost,tires, etc...got to learn a bit more before I do the track thing. I sure would hate to drive it up there and break it at the track because I screwed something up.
I listened to your car when you left. It sounds real good! Everybody said it is a consistent runner.
Turns out I have no knock according to EJ's scan tool.A load off of my mind.
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for making the drive out!!! It's always good to put faces with the names from this board / email & I'm glad you found us (the club) helpful! :)

Feel free to join us for events anytime, our next Cruise Night will be in mid October, so hopefully the weather will have cooled off a few degrees by then. :D

Doug C.