The Big Vendor Issue Going On!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I want to try again to clear up any questions on this recent situation that has arisen!

We made a substantial invest in purchasing this board. We purchased it because it was for sale and I have had a passion for these cars since I was teenager. I purchased T6P for the same reason. I didn't want either of the boards to wind up in an "Internet guru" hands that would have just pimped the board out with spam. Or sale the database or as one interested party wanted to take the .com address and do away with the board and use turbobuick.com for marketing purposes:eek: After purchasing it we invested more in new software, updated license, a completely new server, with enough space to adequately support the size this board has grown too. I make a good living with my other "jobs." I ran the numbers and knew going in it would take anywhere from 4-6 years to re-coop my investment. So trust me this wasn't for money. I probably put as many hours a day into this as any other job I have. So I am taking away from other things for this. Thing is I love doing this, I love Turbo Buick Regals.

I don't blame people for being suspicious of things, but I think we have proven we are only in this to improve the board and the community as a whole. We do not delete threads to protect vendors, or hide anything as we have been accused of. Threads may be locked as mods feel they have run there civilized course. Look at the Gbodyparts threads, Brian is one of my closet friends it killed me to read people thrashing him, so if I was going to delete something to hide it I would have started there LOL!

We simply strive to be as fair to members and vendors as possible. We just lost a vendor because he didn't feel we "handle problem people".... We had a vendor I refused to renew because of the shady reputation the company had. It is hard trying to make everyone happy, all we can do is what we feel is fair to all.

Vendors are the ones that pay the bills, we do not ask for donations on this site, allow pop-ups etc....... Many of them have been wonderful about doing the give aways and running board member only specials. Many try to answer tech questions for people that never bought from them. We also understand this is a two way street, without members there would be no vendors. Again we try to walk the line between the two.....

The vendors you see on the home page and have banners flying have paid a fee to advertise their products to the members on TurboBuick.com. Yes, since we took over the board we raised the rate by $150 a year. We have had 5 or 6 vendors not renew there yearly ad, as noted on the front page. I have no hard feelings against any of them it is JUST BUSINESS! These guys pay for us to keep the board up so I always to try buy products from them. One's that didn't renew may see a drop off in hits over time and decide to renew.

The vendors that remain and have renewed or plan to renew this year deserve at least the benefit of not having to compete with non paying vendors. All these recent header threads are a prime example. They want the benefits of advertising on TurboBuick.com without supporting or respecting the very entity that allows them to sale their product.

Remember this if you buy a product from a vendor on TurboBuick.com or T6P.com and have a problem our staff will do everything in their power to help rectify the situation. Jay and I have already decided that if a vendor starts ripping people we will pull their ad and refund the remaining portion of there fees. We will not stand for our vendors screwing our members. But here again if our members don't support our good vendors they want support the board.

It's been said we don't allow the free exchange of information. If anyone wants to do things for FREE on the board that is wonderful. If someone comes up with a DIY project that would help great, that is what the board is for. Got a great idea you want to share, fine, have it at that is what the board is for. I don't see how a guy tripling his money on headers for free is a "free exchange of information." Might be getting "free" advertising but the member isn't getting squat for free. So who really benefits the most???? Someone want to give away headers, have it at! I will even make it a sticky for you! I am not trying to be a smarty pants, just hoping everyone sees where we are coming from.

In closing, one of our rules is, if you are marketing products you have to become a supporting vendor. Members I hope you understand this position, we are not protecting vendors or hiding things for them. Just being fair! Support the vendors that support you, it will pay off in the long run!

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long post!

Shane

Your board, your rules, I have no problem with them. I have never felt stifled, and if I have I would say as much.

Reading Shane's post above reinforces the reasons I stick with this board and T6P. It should be obvious to everyone reading his post that this board is being run be responsible "grown up" adults, that are mature, and it shows in their attitude/speech/manerisms etc. The rules set forth here are straight forward, above board, and certainly easy to live with.
As for the Gbody threads, one of the unfortunate facts of life is that all boards are going to be plagued with their share of immature cry babies and winers that wont listen to reason and have no patience for unforseen delays, etc.

Keep up the great work Shane.!! Go Vols :wink: :wink:

Reading Shane's post above reinforces the reasons I stick with this board and T6P. It should be obvious to everyone reading his post that this board is being run be responsible "grown up" adults, that are mature, and it shows in their attitude/speech/manerisms etc. The rules set forth here are straight forward, above board, and certainly easy to live with.
As for the Gbody threads, one of the unfortunate facts of life is that all boards are going to be plagued with their share of immature cry babies and winers that wont listen to reason and have no patience for unforseen delays, etc.

I could not agree with you more.

Keep up the good work Shane:cool:

Our Decision

Our decision not to renew came down to simple economics. Amazingly, the GN is now a 20 year old car - and GM and AC-Delco have been discontinuing parts for the GN at an incredible rate. From a financial standpoint, it's getting hard to defend a GN specialty at this point.

Given the age of the GN, nearly 75% of our GN orders required a special order item from Delco, and the high inbound freight costs on special orders were killing our profitability. It's also to the point where we discovered that many non-stock GN items our customers ordered were discontinued from GM. Just a bummer all around.

For now, we need to focus on the broader parts market. Thanks all, we'll see you around from time to time!

Damn rt TurboDave... no smart ass kids behind a keyboard here. That makes the exchange of info more reliable ;) . Shane ur message is loud n clear !! Keep it up bro !! :cool: