The Harold engine saga!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
First he street races some poor ricer & blows the heads off his pile & gets beat. Then takes his car apart to see what makes it tick. Doesn't have a clue on what he's doing.But no problem Lou will bail him out. Meanwhile I repeatedly flatly refused to get involved knowing the consequences. So goofus goes crying to Bob Lillegard who asked as a personnel favour to help him out. So I reluctantly agree & the car arrives to my shop with half the engine in the trunk & the rest in milk cartons. Work proceeds & pulled the now short block out of the car.Used good judgement pulled the pan & discovered some hammered rod bearings & replaced them as a precaution.Also harold started trying to tap the block out with a metric tap supplied to him by another genius & almost ruined the threads. I managed to salvage enough of the material to make the head bolts hold. & assembled the engine painted & detailed it & the engine bay in the process.Didn't have too but thought I would be nice. While I was in the middle of trying to figure out the RJC gaskets which at that time I was unfamiliar with since top had not been clearly marked on the gaskets.Typically its ribbed side up & top clearly embossed.Right in the middle of that Harold proclaimed that I tried to install them wrong. So I threw him out & went on with the work cursing my involvement.The job was finished with out any issues & the car does run well & with the right set up & good driver may squeak out low 11's & run as well as his idol Brent.Harold decided to go around my back & go directly to BPE & ordered them to do certain things to his heads & basically as always screwed himself by probably confusing the guy whom I used for years without a hitch. Went to another shop & got fawked some more. All along I had a set of heads & intake that had he listened to me would have been cheaper & come out better. His heads still don't have the big stainless valves or hardened retainers.Harold now has once more screwed himself by pissing me off & I can't think of anyone local that hasn't heard of him that would be willing to help. So maybe some unsuspecting east coast shop now is his best bet. As for me not scraping the tops of the pistons. As any professional knows That's definitely not the thing to do. Since all the crap would wind up clinging to the rings & trashing the Cly walls.By the way Harold also claims to be a computer technician, His specialty is changing hard drives. He crashed mine so bad I had to scrap it & he cost Bob $600.00 to get his fixed after he upgraded him also. So you see Harold is an untalented moron & a cowardly bitch if he doesn't race Brent.His whole miserable life consists of making an ass out of himself & burning bridges.But he's definitely is entertaining that I will give him. Lou

"

Well Lou Sorry to hear about that.

Any future computer problems, let me know. 2 of my friends are computer builders and network engineers. Was it HD changing you said? I hope you were charged for this rofl. Changing a harddrive is about as hard to change as an MAF sensor in our GN's. Swap one out, put one in, and recalabrate windows to recongize it.

Any future hardware(HD's, memory, motherboards) or software(windows, programs) problems with your computer Lou, let me know and consider it done. Your brain should not have to worry about computer ceit, concentrate on the GN stuff, leave the computer stuff to the computer heads out there. :cool:

I would gladly trade computer work for car work any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I can build you a custom one too, for cheaper then any dell or gateway or whatever over priced brands there are out there today. With all the goodies or just some goodies, or just the bare minimum for your shop or home. Just like you can with a GN for customers.

Thanks Mark!

Well Lou Sorry to hear about that.

Any future computer problems, let me know. 2 of my friends are computer builders and network engineers. Was it HD changing you said? I hope you were charged for this rofl. Changing a harddrive is about as hard to change as an MAF sensor in our GN's. Swap one out, put one in, and recalabrate windows to recongize it.

Any future hardware(HD's, memory, motherboards) or software(windows, programs) problems with your computer Lou, let me know and consider it done. Your brain should not have to worry about computer ceit, concentrate on the GN stuff, leave the computer stuff to the computer heads out there. :cool:

I would gladly trade computer work for car work any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I can build you a custom one too, for cheaper then any dell or gateway or whatever over priced brands there are out there today. With all the goodies or just some goodies, or just the bare minimum for your shop or home. Just like you can with a GN for customers.

Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind.

And I hear Carrddine has some mad Lumina fixing skills that he could donate. Afterall he IS the president of the SoCal L.O.C.... ;)

(just for you, sir)

Lou,

I love how honest and sincere you are, I enjoy your satirical wit also. I have been criticized in the past for being too direct (some say blunt) but if it's the truth and it hurts it 's still the truth. I'm not looking to pick on Kevin since there are plenty of folks standing in line to do that. :D I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your straight forward approach.

Neal

First he street races some poor ricer & blows the heads off his pile & gets beat. Then takes his car apart to see what makes it tick. Doesn't have a clue on what he's doing.But no problem Lou will bail him out. Meanwhile I repeatedly flatly refused to get involved knowing the consequences. So goofus goes crying to Bob Lillegard who asked as a personnel favour to help him out. So I reluctantly agree & the car arrives to my shop with half the engine in the trunk & the rest in milk cartons. Work proceeds & pulled the now short block out of the car.Used good judgement pulled the pan & discovered some hammered rod bearings & replaced them as a precaution.Also harold started trying to tap the block out with a metric tap supplied to him by another genius & almost ruined the threads. I managed to salvage enough of the material to make the head bolts hold. & assembled the engine painted & detailed it & the engine bay in the process.Didn't have too but thought I would be nice. While I was in the middle of trying to figure out the RJC gaskets which at that time I was unfamiliar with since top had not been clearly marked on the gaskets.Typically its ribbed side up & top clearly embossed.Right in the middle of that Harold proclaimed that I tried to install them wrong. So I threw him out & went on with the work cursing my involvement.The job was finished with out any issues & the car does run well & with the right set up & good driver may squeak out low 11's & run as well as his idol Brent.Harold decided to go around my back & go directly to BPE & ordered them to do certain things to his heads & basically as always screwed himself by probably confusing the guy whom I used for years without a hitch. Went to another shop & got fawked some more. All along I had a set of heads & intake that had he listened to me would have been cheaper & come out better. His heads still don't have the big stainless valves or hardened retainers.Harold now has once more screwed himself by pissing me off & I can't think of anyone local that hasn't heard of him that would be willing to help. So maybe some unsuspecting east coast shop now is his best bet. As for me not scraping the tops of the pistons. As any professional knows That's definitely not the thing to do. Since all the crap would wind up clinging to the rings & trashing the Cly walls.By the way Harold also claims to be a computer technician, His specialty is changing hard drives. He crashed mine so bad I had to scrap it & he cost Bob $600.00 to get his fixed after he upgraded him also. So you see Harold is an untalented moron & a cowardly bitch if he doesn't race Brent.His whole miserable life consists of making an ass out of himself & burning bridges.But he's definitely is entertaining that I will give him. Lou

think about it...

he's using a computer that he fixed, setup, tuned, etc,

still wonder why he hasn't responded?

once a clown.......... well you know. dee dee dee!

Lou,

I love how honest and sincere you are, I enjoy your satirical wit also. I have been criticized in the past for being too direct (some say blunt) but if it's the truth and it hurts it 's still the truth. I'm not looking to pick on Kevin since there are plenty of folks standing in line to do that. :D I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your straight forward approach.

Neal
Thanks Neal ! I think a good sense of humour is a sign of higher intellect. Your one of the good guys that I have respected for years. All though I have had my suspicions of your relationship with Morgan. LOL. As far as picking on Harold just think how dull life would be with out him. I remember when there were days when no one posted in the southwest section Now were legendary & the envy of the entire nation. Yes we all owe gratitude to Harold for pulling the Buick movement out of the dust bin of history. I must leave now as I'm becomeing chocked with emotion & unable to continue. I hope you understand. Lou