You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

Mr Salvage and Mr Phone....only....

Here is a question I will throw out just for you two and see if you can answer it correctly. I know you guys like to participate!

Nothing to do with Buicks....

With the below description tell me what I am describing?

Its alittle over 7 feet long, just over 3 feet wide, has a spring seat, capacity of 1,000 pounds.

clock is ticking only Mr Salvage and Mr Phone can participate on this one.....

I'd go another $25 in prizes....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

i know that i can't win this one but how about a bobcat? i don't mean the animal either

Why me? It ain't a GM car. :confused: :p :biggrin:

Bicycle built for 2 fat people. :cool:

I am going out to look at my GN.

I have a much better shot at that one. :biggrin:

Dennis

would a limited be one of the highest optioned cars in 87. i know the limited's got a different letter in the vin to depict it from the rest. M47 on the spid label as well instead of a regal/gn/tr being a j47.

kirban 2 cents worth

hard to keep up with things from work

Real quick for now Mr Salvage and Mr Phone neither has hit on the rite answer to their trivia question.....trying to expand their knowledge.....

may give you guys another clue maybe tomorrow.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

will look at other answers/questions posted later tonite......

dennis

would you be referring to the orange sticker that was affixed to the driver's side lower portion of the windsheild? that sticker has a letter/number punched in it?

also i have included a pic of mi spid labels what does it show besides being alow budget gn.

kirban 2 cents worth

On the trivia contest your answer is wrong. This part I am referring to should still be on every single original GN/GNX/WH1 example basically the size of a silver dollar as a reference or close to the size of the horn medallion and it is only found on those cars I mentioned....

Keep trying will examine our trunk ID label shortly.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Great interest.....may not have to send out any prizes tomorrow....

kirban 2 cents worth

On the contest originally just for Mr Salvage & Mr Phone I will now extend it to anyone that has been a past winner.

The prize is going to be something special. I got a tip on something that the publisher only had 12 left and it won;t be printed again, so I bought all 12 of them. I should have them next week. One of these will be the prize to the winner of this contest.

Here are the clues again:

It has nothing to do with Buick but was produced by a car company

It has a spring seat

Capacity is about 1,000 lbs (can be higher at the most 2,000 lbs)

The basic size is about 7 1/2 feet by alittle over 3 feet wide.

They can also vary in length.

They had few options available.

(I have added more clues, you need to tell me what I am describing)

First correct post wins

Member past winners only can participate

The clock is still ticking on this contest...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am not adding any more clues!

kirban 2 cents worth

About the trunk ID labels and figuring out the codes. All this work I have started to go through my boxes of Buick info that I accumulated when the cars were new.

The one booklet most of you are fmailar and I am sure they pop up on ebay as reproductions is the pocket size "GM Production Options" booklet. They prinetd them every month or so for several years and somewhere in the begining of 2002 or so they quit printing them as far as I know. As each year ended and more new codes got added the booklets got thicker.

Any rate I stumbled on a 8 1/2 by 11 manual entiteld GM Parts Publication Reference Guide dated 1993 January. It has a section of the ID numbers over 125 pages with like 65 codes per page. That translates into over 9,000 numbers to look at to find your basic 50-100.

So you can see how difficult it is looking for basically 50-100 numbers out of 9,000 plus possible ones. Plus the fact some don't even appear in this manual.

Now that I found this book if you have not yet posted your trunk ID label you may want to do it. I may stumble on other codes that I did not find before. Probably a long shot but who knows. Like many of you I can now pinpoint certain groups and what area they refer to like springs 6-7 are front springs 8-9 are rear spring codes.

Never to old to learn...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Clock is still ticking on 2 contests...besides the 50-100 code contest. With GS Nats a week or so away may find a winner there. Who knows...Owners may wonder why you are looking at their trunk label though....

It's a golf cart:cool:

The traditional concept and perception of the function a golf car has been changing for years. Once used only on the course, today these economical little vehicles perform myriad transportation tasks in many low speed, low density applications. Golf car-like industrial vehicles were around way before 1954, when the Dolan Brothers started making E-Z-GOs, but their innovative leap to take them on-course permitted the game of golf to flourish. Without the golf car to carry the players & their bags there never would be a Callaway Big Bertha golf club or much of the golf industry as it exists today. In the early 1950s, George Smith, founder of Columbia Car Co., recognized there would never be enough caddies to carry the game to the next level of public acceptance. That's why he started building & selling the Pargo golf car in 1956. Besides OSHA wouldn't allow the huge numbers of caddies that would be needed on the courses of America, even if they could be found. It's just too dangerous!

German Army WW II Kettenkrad Small Tracked Military Motorcycle

kirban 2 cents worth

Again killing 2 birds with one stone meaning the above 2 posts.

Neither is correct. I may have stumbled on something that is tough to find the answer to.

Keep trying...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm afraid to give any more clues as it may give the answer away.

kirban 2 cents worth

54rich & gculver again both of your answers are wrong. No one yet has hit the answer.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

No big hurry anyhow as the prize for this I just ordered today and won;t be here for 3-4 days.

kirban 2 cents worth

I can give one more clue that won't make or break the deal:

Item in question was 100% AMERICAN MADE this rules out all the military German/Italian etc answers.

I am refering to the contest open only to those that have won previousily. I figure that group is on a different level of intelligence.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

sloGN trunk ID label about 74 codes middle of the road amount of codes in the scheme of things.

You got the heavy steel bumper supports, UM6 radio next to the top of the line $354 option, you got a power antenna US7 if it works you must have had it fixed before!, U66 is the dual range rear speaker set up a $25 value, B88 is the body side moldings if they are still on the car, no door edge guards listed, owner scimped no carpet savers (floor mats at all), you got power windows and locks no powr seat, A31 and AU3 codes, K34 is cruise that was $175 option,

UQ1 states provisons for stereo, U23 is speedo with trip (all our cars had trip if analog dash), TL6 and TL8 refer to black grille and ornamentation,

N33 is the tilt $125 option, N33 is the chrome 15 by 7 wheels, J41 and J50 can't pin it down but its something related to brakes, All your B71 thru end of B codes refers to exterior ornamentation and trim related. Actually all the B codes X1 and up refer to trim and outside ornamentation. YR1 and YS1 refer to front and rear seat cushions.

Code starting with number 6 and number 7 refer to left and rite front springs codes with 8 and 9 starting refers to rear left & rite springs. 82I refers to dark grey interior.

That is most of your codes....nothing stands out as unusual or rare in my opinion.
Its fairly well optioned someone pinched a few pennies when they bought it new, no concert sound with a decent radio no floor mats....just my thoughts...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hope this helps you....

Dennis

would a limited be one of the highest optioned cars in 87. i know the limited's got a different letter in the vin to depict it from the rest. M47 on the spid label as well instead of a regal/gn/tr being a j47.

kirban 2 cents worth

Yes, my guess is it may take a loaded Limited to hit the magical 100 mark. I would venture a guess and say it would be easier to find a Limited to hit the 100 mark. We would need someone to have a GN with 96 plus codes to figure out if they are missing 4 options to hit the 100 mark to see if its possible with a GN.

I think the easier mark is to find a car with 50 codes or less. Reason I say that is I have 52. Now, if I had no tilt, no cruise, no rear defogger, no delay wipers, no posi rear, that knocks 5 options (numbers) off the 52 count which would bring it under 52 total and actually below 50.

If nothing else from this experiment, we now know finding a very low optioned Turbo Regal is quite rare. While many may say it would not be very valuable, I tend to disagree if for no other reason than the owner is assured that they have something that is unique in a Turbo Regal also would prove to be the lightest example. I also believe it would be a Turbo-T or T-Type. A GN would be even rarer as most seemed to be fairly well optioned.

Most buyers of GNs went for creature comforts unless they had racing in mind from day one.

Years ago I had a good friend who now runs a funeral home (family run business), somehow back in 1962 actually convinced his father to order brand new a black Chevy wagon. It was powered by a 409 engine. They could not get the 4-speed so it was 3 speed manual on the floor. That car was rare from day one let alone 5-10 years later.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners think....

kirban 2 cents worth

I think the easier mark is to find a car with 50 codes or less. Reason I say that is I have 52. Now, if I had no tilt, no cruise, no rear defogger, no delay wipers, no posi rear, that knocks 5 options (numbers) off the 52 count which would bring it under 52 total and actually below 50.

kirbanperformance.com

I'm fairly new to these, but could you get one without a tilt wheel? Mine at 51 has PW Locks, who knows why someone had to have them? So without them it would be at 50. But did one option automaticly get you others? Meaning if I have the tilt option, did that mean that I also had to have required options such as cruise and delay wipers?

Dennis, have you posted your 52 code car? I'd like to compare yours with mine? I do not have the rear defogger or a posi rear, yet I'm only one lower then you.

No back to the trivia question:rolleyes:

Back