You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm gonna throw 3 more out there:
- Crosley Farm-O-Road
- Crosley Pickup
- American Bantam Pickup

All three were car brands according to the clues given and have some sort of "payload" capacity, albeit not very much.

I'm gonna throw 3 more out there:
- Crosley Farm-O-Road
- Crosley Pickup
- American Bantam Pickup

All three were car brands according to the clues given and have some sort of "payload" capacity, albeit not very much.

kirban 2 cents worth

The clues are it was made by a car company but it is not a car...granted you listed car like vehicles....it is not a car or truck....

contest still has no winners

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Good thing I don't take off for wrong guesses!!!!

Are you referring to the anti-theft deterrent stickers on the quarter windows? Just thinking out loud.

kirban 2 cents worth

still wrong answer the alarm decals are not round and they can be on any turbo regal not just the models I mentioned as it was an option on any of them. Keep trying as we don't take off for wrong answers,.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

remember it is a part I am seeking not an option....and cars involved will have 2.

51 code car and a 52 code car

Here is mine (Decoded) and Dennis label for comparision:

AR9- Buckets
AU3- PW Locks
A01- Window Tinted
BS1- Ins, Acoustical Pkg
B94- Ornamentation, Extra Emblem VAR1
CD4- Wiper System Pulse
C60- HVAC Man Controls
DR3- Chrome Mirrors
D55- Console Floor
D71- Speedo Gear
E5Z- Speedo Delete
FE3- Suspension Sport
FFL- flint michigan fisher body plant
GMD-assembled in a gm owned assembly plant
GU6- 3.42 Rear
G87- Ring Gear 8.5
J42- Pwr FRT Disc, RR Alum. Drum
J50- Break System Power
K09- Gen 120A
K34- Cruise Control
LC2- 3.8 SFI V6 Torbo, HO
MW9- Auto 4sp
MXO- O/D
NA5- Emission Sys
NP5- Steering Wheel Leather
NQ5- Cap Horn Deluxe
N33- Steering Column Tilt
N89- Wheel, Turbo Alum
PON-pontiac michigan
QYZ- P215/65R12 BL
T47- Turbo Hood
UM6- AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto Rev Cass
UQ1- Radio Provisions
U23- Cluster, Inst, Trim OD
U66- Speaker System
U73 Fixed Ant
VD6- Bumper-Ft Alum
VD7- Bumper R Alum
VK3- Lic Plate Ft
V73-??
YT9- door and quarter design
Y56 Grand Touring Pkg
19Q- Blk Body Moldings
19U- Primary Color Lamp Blk
6YX-front lh spring
7YU- Spring
8PZ- rear lh spring
828- Spring
82I- Int Trim, Med Dk Gray
829- Seat Belt Color Med Dk Gray
9PZ-??

Attachments

• TrunkIDlabel.jpg
    TrunkIDlabel.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 79
kirban 2 cents worth

Way both trivia questions are going maybe I can stretch them into next week at Bowling Green?

Curious? What are your thoughts (readers) on any of us finding a 50 code or less Turbo regal at the GS Nats? It is the biggest gathering of the cars. That would certianily see how rare something like this is.

I just got burned earlier this week on ebay on a set of wheels for my truck....may make that question soon on interesting experiences on ebay....pictures don't lie...

One quick story...good friend of mine who actually brought me over 50 cars so you know he is pretty sharp wanted to buy a ice camper to pull with his truck. Nothing big but something real nice so him and his wife could travel across the country to visit their daughter.

My buddy lives in Maryland...(happened maybe 2 years ago). He starts bidding on a nice camper on ebay...its in Michigan or Minnesota. He has top bid thinks he asked all the proper important questions.

Makes the trip....excitement is building....gets to the guys house. Doesn't eyeball the camper rite away until he pulls up the driveway and notices it is way way back in his yard. like it wold take a tow truck and $100 to bring it up to the blacktop.

He is baffled at how bad it looks compared to the photos....and disgusted...turned out the seller, used photos of the camper when the seller bought the camper 3-4 years earlier!!!! Plus neglected to state that in the auction......

Chalk up a wasted trip.

end of story

both contests still running...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Backtracking to previous page 19 near the bottom under 54 Rich post 664 he has posted definitions for all his 51 codes...and the trunk ID label he shows is actually my trunk ID label showing 52 codes on my personal Turbo-T white with a tan gut.

I had Rich post it as I could no figure out how to post the photo. Two things are clearly evident with my trunk ID label. Number one they must have just inked the machine as my numbers are very crisp and bright.

Number 2 it has been personally signed by Molly. We had Molly sign trunk ID labels at 2 different evens over the last several years. (May have been 3).

So, in round numbers fewer than 250 cars carry his signature on the trunk ID label. By having him sign the label ties it in with the VIN number on the car.
The blurry stamp reads "Molly Signature Series" under his name.

Richs Turbo-T and mine are only one digit apart. without studying his numbers and my numbers I know without looking 99% certain that the difference will not come down to simply one option difference explaining the one digit difference.

In other words, I think he will have certian codes that I won't have and vice versa.
In the front and rear spring codes they may be the same are similar. His car I believe was built in December and mine was built in May so the VINs are not close together either.

I am sure Rich will point out or I will at some point the differences since this is the first 2 examples sporting very similar code counts.

Both contests still feature no winners yet....

I can't believe Mr Salvage and Mr Phone have exhausted their ideas....The prize for the winner is due to arrive at my place Friday...it is one of just the last 12 that the company had and I bought them all.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Giving everyone a heads up next week with Bowling Green, my input may not happen on a day to day basis....

kirban 2 cents worth

About the body side moldings that has been asked earlier and Mr Salvage was nice enough to furnish a photo.

Here are some measurements based on GMs original layout. By the way we include this info and illustration with the black body side molding we sell. The one we sell is like 95% dead on the factory GM version. Has a stp up center area and is stick on.

The section that goes to the front fender is about 6 7/8 inches long with a 45 degree angle cut on the front starting edge. The door portion measures 56 15/16th inches long and the rear quarter portion measures about 15 1/8th inches long with a 45 degree angle cut at the back edge.

The door portion leaves about a 1/2 gap at the front edge and 1/4 inch gap at the back reason is when you open the door it clears the front fender edge. Same idea front fender portion starts 1/2 in inward rather than dead on the leading edge of the fender.

On the front fender you got a body line almost near the top of the fender the molding starts about 7 3/4 inches down from that. Following that same body line on the door the molding starts about 8 1/2 inches down from that and on the back quarter panel it starts about 8 1/8 th inches down from that body line edge.

These specs are very close to original. It is something you would need to "eyeball" prior to affixing permenantly. The tendency from what I have seen in the aftermarket moldings is to position it further dow on the side of the car rather than how GM did it.

Just so I m clear the body line is below the top edge line....that is where I took the measurements from.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Both contests still have no winners.

well the only thing else that i can think of is the boost gauge on a gnx.

well the only thing else that i can think of is the boost gauge on a gnx.

kirban 2 cents worth

Calling it a nite soon

Your answer is wrong...member clue is found on every factory original GN/GNX/WH1 your answer would not apply. Also other clue is these cars have two of them....and its basically (approximately) the size of the horn medallion or a silver dollar meaning and its round.

Prizes still sit unclaimed for both contests....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Think I stumbled on something not found on the internet.....

Last Guess:confused:

Ford 340 Skip Loader

Attachments

• Ford 340.jpg
    Ford 340.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 258
kirban 2 cents worth

no winners yet to either above answer is wrong

I may post another clue tonite on the buick question

on the non buick question not sure if I can give another clue without giving the answer away.

have to give it some thought

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

wrong answer you are not reading the clues correctly...it is only found on gn/nx/whl cars

your answer is on all turbo models...

keep trying no charges for wrong answers

will give an additional clue tonite

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

The main trivia question here is the list of clues and I have added an additional clue.

The part you are seeking is about the same size as your round plastic horn medallion (1 1/2 inches in diameter).

It is only found on original GNs/GNXs/WH1 cars.

These car have TWO of them.

The part is not made in metal.'

So, focus on what is on the car models mentioned above and then narrow it down for the answer.

No previous winners no Buck employees eligible.

Another day I did not have to send out any prizes.

Prize value $25

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thoughts to ponder:

With Spring now here why is a weed can grow between a crack in a sidewalk with no help, yet a bare spot on your lawn, with ample grass seed, constant watering, never seems to grow?

kirban 2 cents worth

the other trivia question open any to past winners has also hit a stumbling block for particpants.

Majority rules do you want to call it quits? No winners? Advise

Again the clues are:

Spring loaded seat

Capacity anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 lbs (however, larger ones were also built for other purposes).

The ones I am thinking of, where actually made by a car company

Roughly 7 feet long by 3 1/2 feet wide but that size can vary.

Very limited paint schemes.

Ones in question where made in America

The answer is not a car/truck/military vehicle/motorcycle

Top prize is a unique book that covers the first 100 years of GM history. I bought the last 12 the publisher had. Great book I just scanned part of it earlier tonite. Full color. Packed with great info o the History of GM.

The second hundred years of GM may be in trouble. Not to mention we won;t be around to view it first hand.

This book is the prize.....

If several respond saying they want to quit this contest question we will give the answer.

kirban 2 cents worth

On the continued saga of finding a 50 count and a 100 count label. The timing of this focus is perfect with the GS Nats next week. With a good assortment of Turbo Regals in one place, it will be interesting to see if one can be found in either or both categories.

We have been there every year since 1988 as a vendor. Obviousily as a vendor I won't be able to check every turbo car out. So, not only will we have a prize for the owner of a car that shows a 50 count or less or a 100 count we will award a equal value prize to the person that finds such a car and lets me know so we can
verify it.

Also if you have a car for sale and you are there let us know. In years past we have bought several, and we also seek are paid commissions to find certain cars for buyers that can't attend, but trust my judgement as to what they are seeking.

This year is no exception. Also, Richard Clark (ZDDPLus™) and I have agreed that every hour we will conduct a raffle in our vendor spot and be awarding a free bottle of Zddplus™.

The TSA class as many of you know has the highest payout in the racing portion of the event. It doubles if the same winner places in silver or higher in the car show judging event.

Have gotten a few pm and no one has decided to quit on the trivia question concerning the vehicle ID.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back