You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Henry Ford went on to found the Ford Motor Company and became one of the two outstanding automobile tycoon of the founding years, that is roughly the period between 1896 and 1920. The other one was William Crapo Durant, the grandson of millionaire lumber baron and Michigan governor Henry Howland Crapo. As a young man, W. C. Durant associated with Josiah Dallas Dort and became one of America’s leading manufacturers of horse-drawn carriages, establishing his factories in the family’s adopted hometown : Flint, Michigan.

In 1904 Durant was already a millionaire, when the directors of the Flint Wagon Works approached him with the plea to save the Buick Motor Company, an automobile manufacturer they had taken over as an attempt to shift their production from carraiages to cars. Durant did such a good job in reorganizing Buick and selling its cars, that he launched himself on one of the most astounding careers in the American automotive industry.

I'll Have to say BUICK:cool:

kirban 2 cents worth

Close but no cigar....according to history on studebaker. In 1885 production of carrriages under the Studebaker name plate topped 75,000 units and in 1887 sales was 2 million dollars....a tidy sum back then. The civil war was a great boost in sales for them. Not sure if they sold to both the north and the south?

Plus it was Studebaker wagons and the same people went on to make the car under the STudebaker name.

Interesting enough the second electric car that Studebaker produced was purchased by Thomas Edison! Came out in 1902.

End of topic as don't want to be accused of hi jacking my own thread!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm probably right in saying many of the readers of this thread probably don't remember Studebaker.....ironically in about 30-35 years the same will be said about Pontiac.....sad

What about the other wuestion about the part that is the same size as out horn madalion that is only on GN/GNX/WH1 cars?

This one has drove me crazy! I've been in my car driving down the road looking al over it.

kirban 2 cents worth

Still no winners on the contest related to a GN/GNX/WHl. See earlier posts for all the clues. No previous winners or Buick employees can participate.

The part I am seeking is not made in metal.

Basically the size of the plastic horn medallion 1 1/2 diameter the car models I mention above will have 2 of them from the factory.

kirban performance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We like to see more trunk ID labels to see if anything unusual pops up?
Just delete the last 5-6 digits...

What about the other wuestion about the part that is the same size as out horn madalion that is only on GN/GNX/WH1 cars?

This one has drove me crazy! I've been in my car driving down the road looking al over it.

kirban 2 cents worth

here is an additional clue:

first do you own a GN/GNX or WHl car?

If you do, you won't discover the part by driving it.

I have had easier contests, now I have gotten smarter by choosing questions that can't be figured out by typing in words on the internet etc....

Once in awhile I win.....by stretching it out....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

No Dennis, I own a silver '87 T. But I have tons of pics I have collected and I have compared them. I thought that it must be something cosmetic or an option, but a WH1 is basically a regular T with two tone paint, so I'm lost.

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr LeSabre:

Study the clues again....

Yes you are correct the WH1 cars have a two tone paint...however their is something else I don't want to give it away but you are missing something in
the clues (as is everyone else) connecting the cars...

Silver Turbo-T good color my Limited was that color with the rare black out package and leather interior....If an Arkansas car its entire life no rust a major feature today.

Just my thoughts based on the info you provided...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

This contest will continue until I see a winner

I have another contest on turbo buicks to start shortly....for those that have "exhausted" their ideas on the current one.

kirbanperformance.com

dennskirban@yahoo.com

Don't know all the answers but I can think up the questions...

Actually an Oklahoma car it's whole. From the Owassa area. Found it on here a couple of months ago. Silver, bkl out package grey int.. A few mods.....

Copy2ofOurT013.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

Close but no cigar....according to history on studebaker. In 1885 production of carrriages under the Studebaker name plate topped 75,000 units and in 1887 sales was 2 million dollars....a tidy sum back then. The civil war was a great boost in sales for them. Not sure if they sold to both the north and the south?

Plus it was Studebaker wagons and the same people went on to make the car under the STudebaker name.

Interesting enough the second electric car that Studebaker produced was purchased by Thomas Edison! Came out in 1902.

End of topic as don't want to be accused of hi jacking my own thread!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm probably right in saying many of the readers of this thread probably don't remember Studebaker.....ironically in about 30-35 years the same will be said about Pontiac.....sad

I just was not quick enough with Studebaker (It was already taken), those AMC guys are pretty quick:cool: . In researching your questions, it has been interesting to note the close ties that a couple of handful of guys had when this all started. Throughout the short history they stay closely intertwined. Looking for the last question of an American car company, they all hold many interests outside the US, to the point at times where it's hard to tell their origin, except for the American names?

Thanks for the History lessons Dennis!

Actually an Oklahoma car it's whole. From the Owassa area. Found it on here a couple of months ago. Silver, bkl out package grey int.. A few mods.....

Copy2ofOurT013.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

Great photo shot.....

Quick observation if your car has a power antenna my guess is it does not work as it appears to be bent? If not a power antenna perhaps an aftermarket antenna?

Since you do not own a GN/GNX or WHl searching on your car will not yield the answer to the question......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Ben thru Oklahoma several times on will rogers highway tulsa-oklahoma city.....

kirban 2 cents worth

I have been digging through some of my files mostly to refresh my memory on these cars.

I do have copies of real GNX window stickers. As many of you may remember the GNX option was a $10,995.00 on top of the $17,865 price for a total of $29,290 before local and state taxes. However in the real world back then new owners paid considerably more and a bargain would be like 5 grand over the price I quoted.

Something I never realized until now was on the window sicker the code T2L appears and says Special handling for GNX. That code translates showing as the GNX package in the Productions Option booklet n March 2001. In earlier Production Option booklets I have the wording for T2L simply states Indentification ISO Symbols.

But, in the General Motors Parts Publication Reference Catalog dated January 1993 it reads correctly for T2L code GNX package! It gives the impression GM did not want the public to know the meaning of the code associated with the GNX until many years later. This Reference book/catalog I refer to was used by dealers.

Some of you may recall, when the GNX was fairly new you could not order items specifically for GNX unless you had the VIN, and the turbo serial number. The turbo serial number is not visible unless you remove the shield. Their may have been a third requirement as well.

While some may believe the GNX received every available option, this was not the case. They did not get twil lite sentinel. nor the engine block heater feature nor body side molding. None of these options would be high on the must have list anyhow.

The window sticker I have a copy of is actual GNX number 500.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

In my stash of Turbo info I have Product Information sheet dated 3-20-87. This sheet states the designer accent paint color brown and light brow treatment (62) has bene cancellend balance of the year.

The reason stated says "Deletion of this paint option will reduce overall build complexity ad help improve Regal paint quality. "

I can't vouch for the compexity issue, but you may get some arguement that by deleting this paint scheme pant qulaity improved!

This was probably cancelled due to lack of requests for this paint scheme. I can;t recall seeing any two tone brown Designer Series ever?

Any rate if you got one see how close it is to the deletion dat of 3-20-87

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Is the answer to the gn gnx question the embroidered turbo 6 symbol on the headrest? they are gn gnx specific and theres only two of them and they are the size of a half dollar...

kirban 2 cents worth

In my stash of Turbo info I have Product Information sheet dated 3-20-87. This sheet states the designer accent paint color brown and light brow treatment (62) has bene cancellend balance of the year.

The reason stated says "Deletion of this paint option will reduce overall build complexity ad help improve Regal paint quality. "

I can't vouch for the compexity issue, but you may get some arguement that by deleting this paint scheme pant qulaity improved!

This was probably cancelled due to lack of requests for this paint scheme. I can;t recall seeing any two tone brown Designer Series ever?

Any rate if you got one see how close it is to the deletion dat of 3-20-87

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Dennis, here is a link to an older thread containing a two-tone brown car. It's a beauty!
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members-rides-friends-family/275026-rare-t-colors.html

Hey Dennis, here's my codes

I looked through them, but I couldn't find a lot of them. If someone wants to go through them by all means do so. I had to write them all out on paper, that took long enough. My car is over 60 codes. Must be because of all the delete codes??? I don't know, but here they are. Let me know if you guys see anything odd while going through them

AR9
AO1
A31
BD1
B51
BV8
BX5
B24
B57
B71
B72
B77
B79
B81
B89
B91
B94
C18
C49
C60
D55
D68
D71
E57
FE3
FFL
GMD
GV6
G80
G87
J41
J50
K09
LC2
MW9
MX0
NA5
NP5
NQS
N89
PON
QYZ
TL6
TL8
T47
T83
T93
UL5
US7
UX6
U23
VD6
VD7
VH6
VK3
V73
WE4
WO2
YT9
Y56
19U
6YX
7YW-------J47 WAS ABOVE THIS, IN LINE WITH THE VIN??????
8PZ
82B
82I
9PZ

I just was not quick enough with Studebaker (It was already taken), those AMC guys are pretty quick:cool: . In researching your questions, it has been interesting to note the close ties that a couple of handful of guys had when this all started. Throughout the short history they stay closely intertwined. Looking for the last question of an American car company, they all hold many interests outside the US, to the point at times where it's hard to tell their origin, except for the American names?

Thanks for the History lessons Dennis!

I too have had fun with the questions. Drawing a blank on the part question though. Thanks for doing this Dennis, it has been interesting and I will enjoy the book. I keep checking the thread, it has become one f my regular must check items each time I check the e-mail.

Is the answer to the gn gnx question the embroidered turbo 6 symbol on the headrest? they are gn gnx specific and theres only two of them and they are the size of a half dollar...

kirban 2 cents worth

This has been guessed earlier, unfortunately the answer is still wrong. That turbo emblem you refer to is not on a WHl car...

Maybe if I am lucky this question will stay unanswered until I return from Bowling Green next weekend.

We will be posting another Turbo Buick trivia question later this weekend. Be prepared it will not be an easy one. Nor one you can find on the internet.

I may up the prize value on the currrent question...member you got nothing to lose by taking a guess.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Those going to Bowling Green, may you all have a safe trip.

May your car be there the every morning when you look at your motel window as you travel.

May the brake lite never once come on.

May your power antenna keep working.

May your car still retain the same amount of oil in it when you left, be sure zddplus is in the oil before the trip.

Be sure certain emergency items are in your trunk that are unique to your car.

Bring money as vendors are standing by and waiting for your purchases.

May it only rain after 7 at nite and before 7 am in the morning at Beech Bend.

Richard Clark will be at our vendor spot and available to help any tech issues, brake issues. Knows ALOT more than me on ZDDPlus™ and would recognize any bolt you show him related to your car and in many cases tell you the manufactuer of the bolt! Man is hard to stump.

kirban2 cents worth

A quick update on what is already happened concerning Pontiac. For years GS Nats included, GM usually would help and invest at the National events and send some speciality cars. For many years I have attended the GTO and the Pontiac events and GM always had several prototypes or new models on display.

This year, was the very first time in history that the GTO National event and Pontiac National event is being combined into one huge event. With bad economic times this is a big boost for those owners as they don't have to pick which event to attend.

My sources tell me that GM has pulled out of showing anything at this event this year and as a result the clubs have had to raise they entry prices slightly to make up for the short coming for their July event in Ohio.

Not sure if Buick is sending anything to the GS Nats like they have done in the past but it would not surprise me that they don't.

We were very lucky back in 1990 we actually had GMC bring their prototype Syclone to our "private" event at the airbase for the event we did that year. Very unusual since it was not a national club function event. One reason they did it was it was on a airbase so security was the best and it was a Turbo Buick/Pontiac event which was their target audience.

I know their is a seperate thread for the death of Pontiac but since this is a thread I started I thought this would interest those that read this thread.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back in the 1930s etc when so many different car makes existed even for a short time word probably did not get out to the public as quick as it does today.

I looked through them, but I couldn't find a lot of them. If someone wants to go through them by all means do so. I had to write them all out on paper, that took long enough. My car is over 60 codes. Must be because of all the delete codes??? I don't know, but here they are. Let me know if you guys see anything odd while going through them

AR9
AO1
A31
BD1
B51
BV8
BX5
B24
B57
B71
B72
B77
B79
B81
B89
B91
B94
C18
C49
C60
D55
D68
D71
E57
FE3
FFL
GMD
GV6
G80
G87
J41
J50
K09
LC2
MW9
MX0
NA5
NP5
NQS
N89
PON
QYZ
TL6
TL8
T47
T83
T93
UL5
US7
UX6
U23
VD6
VD7
VH6
VK3
V73
WE4
WO2
YT9
Y56
19U
6YX
7YW-------J47 WAS ABOVE THIS, IN LINE WITH THE VIN??????
8PZ
82B
82I
9PZ

kirban 2 cents worth

You got the lite weight bumper supports....VD6 and VD7. You got a posi.

Your car was a radio delete car UL5 code. Which you knew. My guess based on that info is you have an aftermarket radio in the car. With that I see no code for either rear speaker system so your car my have aftermarket units on the back deck area.

Your single 6 code is a front spring your single 7 code is the other front spring, 8 and 9 codes one of those each codes is for left and rite rear springs. You have a fairly low optioned example of a WE4. Since the WE4 came out Nov 15, 1986 what month on your door jamb does it say it was built?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back