You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
An Airplane?

1919 – Two separate companies formed, each under a different management but both Divisions of the General Motors Corporation – Central Gear Company (gear manufacturing) and the Central Axle Company (axle manufacturing) Both companies at first maintained offices in the Boyer Building and in April, moved into the Cadillac Aircraft Plant (Plant 2) and each occupied a separate section of the building.

or

GM converts 100 percent of its production to the war effort. During World War II, the company produces airplanes and airplane parts, trucks, tanks, guns, shells and other war-related products. According to GM, it delivers more than $12.3 billion worth of war material to lead the Allied war effort.

My guess for the day:confused:

kirban 2 cents worth

sloGN trunk ID label about 74 codes middle of the road amount of codes in the scheme of things.

You got the heavy steel bumper supports, UM6 radio next to the top of the line $354 option, you got a power antenna US7 if it works you must have had it fixed before!, U66 is the dual range rear speaker set up a $25 value, B88 is the body side moldings if they are still on the car, no door edge guards listed, owner scimped no carpet savers (floor mats at all), you got power windows and locks no powr seat, A31 and AU3 codes, K34 is cruise that was $175 option,

UQ1 states provisons for stereo, U23 is speedo with trip (all our cars had trip if analog dash), TL6 and TL8 refer to black grille and ornamentation,

N33 is the tilt $125 option, N33 is the chrome 15 by 7 wheels, J41 and J50 can't pin it down but its something related to brakes, All your B71 thru end of B codes refers to exterior ornamentation and trim related. Actually all the B codes X1 and up refer to trim and outside ornamentation. YR1 and YS1 refer to front and rear seat cushions.

Code starting with number 6 and number 7 refer to left and rite front springs codes with 8 and 9 starting refers to rear left & rite springs. 82I refers to dark grey interior.

That is most of your codes....nothing stands out as unusual or rare in my opinion.
Its fairly well optioned someone pinched a few pennies when they bought it new, no concert sound with a decent radio no floor mats....just my thoughts...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hope this helps you....

Thanks

Well that does confirm that my car was repainted or the 2nd owner didn't like the body molding's. Does the b88 code standout for the molding that's rivited on?

i just had to repair the orignal power antenna a few months back as it had broken the mast. I replaced that and it works great now. The mast's are cheaper than a NOS complete unit!

Do you think my car was a dealer ordered that way or a special order by the 1st owner?

does anyone have a gn with the molding still on it? I haven't seen one in person and I don't think I have seen a picture of one either. I have been in love with these cars since they came out and I finally got mine last month.

kirban 2 cents worth

Getting a late start again tonite....on the trivia contest that is only open to past winners Mr Salvage, Mr Phone and other winners.

No one so far has hit the answer

In review here are the clues:

It is not Buick related however, the ones I am referring to where made by an American car company.

While versions varied basically they run about 7 feet long by alittle over 3 feet wide. They had a spring style seat. Capacity 1,000 to about 2,000 lbs.

Don't be fooled by the statement I stated made by an American car Company that is a clue however, the answer is not a car.

I am not going to give any more clues than that.

The clock is still ticking on this one.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks

Well that does confirm that my car was repainted or the 2nd owner didn't like the body molding's. Does the b88 code standout for the molding that's rivited on?

i just had to repair the orignal power antenna a few months back as it had broken the mast. I replaced that and it works great now. The mast's are cheaper than a NOS complete unit!

Do you think my car was a dealer ordered that way or a special order by the 1st owner?

kirban 2 cents worth

I agree the mast is cheaper, however less skill is required to install the entire unit and in some cases it may not be the mast. We are fortunate another company reproduced the exact power antenna. Any idea why? I could make that a trivia contest. It actually s correct for another GM car....can you guess which one? Dumb luck w stumbled on this ourselves. I can't take credit for it as a good friend of mine figured it out.

On the body side molding the original one is a stick on for every year 1984-1987 vintage no matter what model Turbo Regal you got. The riveted versions you see where dealer installed....and it means you have a series of small holes down the side of your car if you have the hard riveted versions.

The other downside with the riveted versions is in many cases they were not positioned in the same height as the factory GM ones were.

We sell a stick on all black that is about 95% correct and with it give the proper installation directions so they can be installed at the correct level as the factory GM ones were.

I hope that answers your questions

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

does anyone have a gn with the molding still on it? I haven't seen one in person and I don't think I have seen a picture of one either. I have been in love with these cars since they came out and I finally got mine last month.

kirban 2 cents worth

The body side molding for a GN is al black and its stick on. I am sure someone reading this thread can post a photo but it may be hard to see against a black car. While a body side molding is a great defense against door dings, the cars really look better without any molding. My opinion.....problem removing one after 20 plus years you may have some impression that it had a molding at one time if you remove it now. I did on my white car but white is more forgiving.

Enjoy your ride now that you got one.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few over the years....

I'm fairly new to these, but could you get one without a tilt wheel? Mine at 51 has PW Locks, who knows why someone had to have them? So without them it would be at 50. But did one option automaticly get you others? Meaning if I have the tilt option, did that mean that I also had to have required options such as cruise and delay wipers?

Dennis, have you posted your 52 code car? I'd like to compare yours with mine? I do not have the rear defogger or a posi rear, yet I'm only one lower then you.

No back to the trivia question:rolleyes:

kirban 2 cents worth

I don't know how to scan or post photos. Plus its not as simple as comparing your label to my label even though are numbers are only one apart. As I have pointed out before this too many variables in the numbers to pin it down and say you have one or two less options that I do.

I can't recall ever seeing a tilt without cruise and delay but each is listed as a seperate option in the guide book.

My car has 52 codes: I know I have rear defogger, had body side moldings, posi, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, and I got tinted glass. So there is 7 options I do have that if you deducted with no other changes would easily get me below the 50 count for my 1987 Turbo-T.

In looking at a 1987 ordering guide you had to have tilt to have delay wiper option...does not state you had to also have cruise if you ordered a tilt at least on the 1987 chart I have from Buick.

Speaking of cruise I have owned a few cars that had aftermarket cruise set ups added probably dealer installed.

Your car has power locks doe sit have factory alarm? Power locks was needed for factory alarm. Or, possible the original owner wanted power locks because he was going to install an aftermarket alarm which power door locks is a feature needed for most aftermarket alarms.

Again I am guessing on this.

My point is, hitting the magic number 50 is obtainable and perhaps one may show up at the GS Nats next week. I am sure if one is there someone will spot it.
I will be there.

I may try and post my trunk ID label from work tomorrow someone at work may be able to do it for me.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Other contest still has no winners:

Past winners and Buick related employees can't participate:

The part is only found on original GNs/GNXs/WHl cars. This part is about the same size as the horn medallion or roughly the size of a silver dollar.

New additional clue:

The cars listed above wil have TWO of them. What part am I referring to?

Prize has a $25 value.

The clock is still ticking on this contest also.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I seem to have stumped the readers....at least for the time being.

I know that one too. :eek: ;)

I have a GN with side molding still on it.

Same as the WE4 molding B88.

I still say it's the Boss Hogg V8 motorcycles. :cool:

As for pictures if they are stored in a folder on your computer somewhere just hit the manage attachments button (below) while you are posting and you can browse on your computer and then select them to upload to this site and they might show up, usually they do.... :biggrin:

Here's a side view of the factory molding on a driver. :)

GNSideViewPass.jpg

Interesting photo, could be a clue too. :biggrin:

I need some more ZDDP. :cool:

Or a GN door pull strap cover, lost one at Walmart when the GF yanked the pull strap. :rolleyes:

Another costly mistake. :frown:

dennis

would you be referring to the power 6 logo on the headrests?

kirban 2 cents worth

I took photo of my trunk ID label will get it downloaded at work....tomorrow

No one yet has the answers to either trivia. Power six good try but they are larger than a silver dollar or a horn medallion.

Mr Salvage didn't I send you a few bottles of ZDDPlus™ on the one win you had?

When GM did the opening and shutting of the door tests I can't believe they did it more than 50 times on the turbo cars without the pull straps coming lose!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Still stumping the readers of this thread...

kirban 2 cents worth

I don't know how to scan or post photos. Plus its not as simple as comparing your label to my label even though are numbers are only one apart. As I have pointed out before this too many variables in the numbers to pin it down and say you have one or two less options that I do.

Your car has power locks doe sit have factory alarm? Power locks was needed for factory alarm. Or, possible the original owner wanted power locks because he was going to install an aftermarket alarm which power door locks is a feature needed for most aftermarket alarms.

Again I am guessing on this.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I take my pictures with my phone, email them to myself, then save then to a specific spot. When posting, go to the end of the post, click manage attachments, brouse and then choose your picture from it's saved location. Or email it to me and I'll post it for you:cool:

No alarm with my car, just PW locks. My label is posted here, I think around page 4 or 5?

Is it a Tractor or a Boat?

The first product to be manufactured at the Ford Rouge plant—the most famous of all of the company's facilities—was actually a boat!

Eagle Boats Built for WWI
The building up of the Rouge complex coincided with the beginning of World War I. The U.S. government quickly commissioned Ford Motor Company to build the Eagle Boats (also known as submarine chasers) for the U.S. Navy.

Four months after the company received the order, the first Eagle Boat was launched into the Rouge boat slip. It was July 1918. Although the government had contracted with the company to build 100 of these boats, only 60 were produced before the war came to an end.

Supplying the Allies’ Needs
Eagle Boats were not the only product made by Ford Motor Company for the Allies in World War I. There were helmets, tanks, airplane engines; Model T cars, trucks, and ambulances; and Fordson tractors.

After the war, the Rouge plant was converted for civilian production, but the first civilian product to be built was not a car or a truck this time, either—it was the "Fordson" tractor.

Tractor production ended there in 1928, and car production commenced. But in 1942, civilian production temporarily ceased again to support the Allied war effort. The Rouge and the other Ford facilities were once again converted to wartime production.

" Mr Salvage didn't I send you a few bottles of ZDDPlus™ on the one win you had? "

Yup, I drive the cars a lot that's only a 1 year supply. ;)

I have filters for about 3 years in bulk, and conventional SF, SG oil for the GN for about 3 years.

Need the ZDDP for the Mobil 1 in the WE4. :cool:

Anyway I thought it was the power 6 logo on the seats, ooops. :o

Gotta go price those door pull staps, ain't gonna win one here. :eek: :( :biggrin:

Is it a Tractor or a Boat?

The first product to be manufactured at the Ford Rouge plant—the most famous of all of the company's facilities—was actually a boat!

Eagle Boats Built for WWI
The building up of the Rouge complex coincided with the beginning of World War I. The U.S. government quickly commissioned Ford Motor Company to build the Eagle Boats (also known as submarine chasers) for the U.S. Navy.

Four months after the company received the order, the first Eagle Boat was launched into the Rouge boat slip. It was July 1918. Although the government had contracted with the company to build 100 of these boats, only 60 were produced before the war came to an end.

Supplying the Allies’ Needs
Eagle Boats were not the only product made by Ford Motor Company for the Allies in World War I. There were helmets, tanks, airplane engines; Model T cars, trucks, and ambulances; and Fordson tractors.

After the war, the Rouge plant was converted for civilian production, but the first civilian product to be built was not a car or a truck this time, either—it was the "Fordson" tractor.

Tractor production ended there in 1928, and car production commenced. But in 1942, civilian production temporarily ceased again to support the Allied war effort. The Rouge and the other Ford facilities were once again converted to wartime production.

kirban 2 cents worth

neither guess is correct.

send me PM with your personal email so I can send you my id label no one at work knows how to post it....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

" Mr Salvage didn't I send you a few bottles of ZDDPlus™ on the one win you had? "

Yup, I drive the cars a lot that's only a 1 year supply. ;)

I have filters for about 3 years in bulk, and conventional SF, SG oil for the GN for about 3 years.

Need the ZDDP for the Mobil 1 in the WE4. :cool:

Anyway I thought it was the power 6 logo on the seats, ooops. :o

Gotta go price those door pull staps, ain't gonna win one here. :eek: :( :biggrin:

kirbvan 2 cents worth

Mr Salvage, I see you are prepared with SF and SG oil...and for good reason......

You clearly understand the oil issues.....with current oils....

game is still open no winners

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The part is only found on original GNs/GNXs/WHl cars. This part is about the same size as the horn medallion or roughly the size of a silver dollar.

New additional clue:

The cars listed above wil have TWO of them. What part am I referring to?

Prize has a $25 value.

The clock is still ticking on this contest also.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I seem to have stumped the readers....at least for the time being.

Are you referring to the anti-theft deterrent stickers on the quarter windows? Just thinking out loud.

Back