The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me I read this like you are better than everyone.
Then you're simply a person full of resentment towards the accomplishments of others, and especially those that take the time to share their cars, and attempt to inspire others to go after their dreams, no matter how strange those dreams may appear to be to the vast majority of their peers.

Then you're simply a person full of resentment towards the accomplishments of others, and especially those that take the time to share their cars, and attempt to inspire others to go after their dreams, no matter how strange those dreams may appear to be to the vast majority of their peers.

I'm going to reiterate this one more time. You haven't accomplished ANYTHING. Your car is a turd for the parts it has, the complexity of it, and the money into it. You are like a mentally retarded professor LOL

Guys,

Let's keep the insults off the board.
If you enjoy that kind of back and forth banter, take it to email or phone.
Thread closings and infractions to bring in the New Year if people don't want to play nice.

smoke20 said:
Not to be a dick but my GN has been 7.30's with stock GM heads @3600 lbs on PUMP GAS no NOS and its a STREET CAR.

... this thread is about 1/4 mile, not 1/8th mile? :tongue:

Seriously though, you can't post something like that without more details... :)

my 1/8 is 4.74 @ 171 on a drag radial stock susp

o btw my dd in summer puts down 1000 plus to the wheels
This sounds interesting. Tell us more about your combination. Stock production heads? What size valves?

It's kinda funny, my Mustang runs basically the Ford equivalent of that combination (except it runs c16). I never thought to describe it as still using Ford heads, but I guess I do have Ford heads on it still :D

smoke20 said:
car was in gm high tech this spring all is there...

Haha, you didn't say it was a Small Block Chevy... :cool:

Stock heads ehh lol? How are those SB2.2 Heads treating ya Jim... :wink:

flowsb2.jpg

1103gmhtp_06_o+1987_buick_grand_national+side.jpg

1103gmhtp_02_o+1987_buick_grand_national+engine.jpg

1987 Buick Grand National - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Fryguy said:
They are just a Chevy head and he does run "pump gas"...

Yup, just your average SBC Dart block, with your average SBC cylinder head flowing 453-cfm @ .9 lift, running your average corn mush found on every street corner, @ 20+ pounds of boost... :tongue:

Holy smoke. I guess I should feel honored that someone has the urge to compare my homebrewed creation to a monster like that. Very nice car. I love those heads.
Did you do all the work yourself? You should be very proud of yourself.

The wheels are killer!

Holy smoke. I guess I should feel honored that someone has the urge to compare my homebrewed creation to a monster like that. Very nice car. I love those heads.
Did you do all the work yourself? You should be very proud of yourself.

Home brewed? I thought you were a professional! :D

DonWG said:
Holy smoke. I guess I should feel honored that someone has the urge to compare my homebrewed creation to a monster like that...

Not taking anything away from Jim because that thing is a monster. But I can't help to imagine what Don would bring to the table with 2.17"/1.62", and roughly half the cubes of that beast...

Home brewed? I thought you were a professional! :D
I'm a professional transmission tech.
I think I did mention in this thread that this was the third build version of my 'first' Buick V6 project. All the custom metal fabrication work; intake manifold, exhaust mainfold, throttle body, timing cover modifications, nitrous injection nozzles, adapting a Milodon geardrive to a TA block, were my first fabrication attempts at such things.
My first attempts at using straight methanol fuel, nitrous oxide injection, of tuning an ECM and dealing with such a complicated mess of electronics.
My first attempt at chassis modification and setup.
My first attempt at using nitrous oxide paired with methanol, none the less.
My first attempt at using engine analyzing software to come up with a workable high performance engine combination using a particular engine component as the main restriction.
My first attempt at assembling a high performance turbocharged engine.
This car of mine has been my big experiment. Certainly not professionally built by a person that has decades of experience behind him in such things.

Although, I should add, the transmission was professionally built. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.