The transmission pan magnet!

madhat

Well, I was changing the trans filter on my Mazda3 and had the brilliant idea to pain the pan while it was off with lime green engine paint. Looks great! and no one can even see it :p Anywho, in my zeal, I left out the magnet. I have since stuck it on the outsid eof the pan bottom. Opps. So, I figure, best case I just need to change the filter a little sooner. Worst case, some shavings will get into the valve body and clog something up and I will have to take it apart and clean it. Sound about right? Should I just drop it in next change? Or, should I run outside right now and get it in there at all costs? Anyone else been a tool like me and have any findings to report?

I did that to a Camry I used to have. Any decent sized speaker magnet on the outside should do the trick. I used JB-weld to hold mine on. It seemed to work better than the factory because the bottom of the pan became magnetized.

Go to a security supply store and buy rare-earth magnets. They a very small, about the size of a quarter, don't let the size fool you they are extremely powerful.

Bryan