THINK I HAVE BAD BEARINGS.....

DOUBAD RACIN1

Well started my 85 hot air hybrid today for the friat time and found out i have a knock from HELL.
Guess i start taring down tomorrow to get ready to pull....

Wanted to know whats the best set.of bottom end bearings to buy....

Well started my 85 hot air hybrid today for the friat time and found out i have a knock from HELL.
Guess i start taring down tomorrow to get ready to pull....

Wanted to know whats the best set.of bottom end bearings to buy....
I would find out if that's all you need first. Because if it is......you just hit the lotto.

The sound of a knock is the sound of 2 pieces of metal hitting each other.

When they do that, they usually leave a mark.:(

But I hope I'm wrong.

You need to get in there first and see what's going on. If it's a spun bearing, you're going to need a new rod and go from there.

To answer your original question, get bearing for a 95 Buick Park Ave 3800. Those are wider than stock bearings. (but you aren't ready to start buying those yet).

That being said, are you sure it's not lifter rattle from no oil pressure, a bent pushrod, or a broken rocker shaft?

You need to get in there first and see what's going on. If it's a spun bearing, you're going to need a new rod and go from there.

To answer your original question, get bearing for a 95 Buick Park Ave 3800. Those are wider than stock bearings. (but you aren't ready to start buying those yet).

That being said, are you sure it's not lifter rattle from no oil pressure, a bent pushrod, or a broken rocker shaft?

Not sure , but i do know its not a light tipping sound...
Its hard a loud
Knocking....
Going to drain oil today and check
For metal before i start

Check the flywheel bolts and the balancer. Remove the belt and see if you can see movement in the balancer when you try to rock it from side to side.