You can type here any text you want

THinking about switching to zo6/truck 85mm maf

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did you have to get your chip burned or can you just make adjustments through the translator?

Get a SD2 and ditch the MAF u won't be disappointed

Got the maf put on today. I got the harness with the built in iac connector. Had a 4" spectre air filter sitting around so I threw that on. Cobbled it all together with stuff I had sitting around and am happy with the results. THrottle response is much better and spool up is faster. Car drives great. Turbo sounds louder also. Worth the 40 bucks I spent on it all.

Got the maf put on today. I got the harness with the built in iac connector. Had a 4" spectre air filter sitting around so I threw that on. Cobbled it all together with stuff I had sitting around and am happy with the results. THrottle response is much better and spool up is faster. Car drives great. Turbo sounds louder also. Worth the 40 bucks I spent on it all.

I just made this switch from a 3.5 maf....Haven't had the chance to drive the car, but the idle seems to be the same...I have the same harness as well....I'm going from a 3.5 to 4 not a 3 to 4 ,so I doubt there will be much difference...
What setting did you use in the translator??? There are 3 settings for that maf, lean idle, rich idle, and just a regular setting....Mine did not like the rich or lean setting, so I left the dip switch on 6....

Since this thread popped up in my notifications I figure I'd bring up that I switched the chip to closed loop idle it ends up being a bit on the lean side. Next time I mess with the car I'm gonna try the rich idle setting. It gets lean enough for a tip in stumble sometimes. I'll be trying this out before I make the switch to an extreme chip.

Closed loop will be lean. If you try to enrich, the ecm will pull the fuel out. Ideally you want open loop idle. Then you can enrich without worry of the ecm taking it back.

Thanks for the heads up. I put it in closed loop cause it was choking me out when i was parked or stopped. Its much better. Plus the wife doesn't bitch.

Back