You can type here any text you want

Title question for an 1986 Grand National? The title says Regal T-type?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, Im supposed to pick up my new car this sunday from out of state, Its a 1986 Grand National, But, In the process of taking care of the bank transactions I noticed that the title says Regal T-type, My question is Is it actualy a Grand National? Or a GN clone? Just Curious. It has the turbo 6 logo on the head rests with the tu-tone black grey seats, Grey interior, Black exterior with all GN emblems affixed in their proper locations, Is there anything else I need to be looking for or is that just normal for what the title reads? Sorry for the dumb post, just want to make sure I know what im buying! Thanks Ryan

If the trunk code is missing or replaced/modified you should also have the following on the car:

BLACK carpet not gray, black lower painted portion of the console, black lower carpeting on the door panels not gray, three piece spoiler, Grand National written on the dash placque in front of the passenger seat on the dash of course, shouldn't just say Buick on it.

These things can easily be changed out so the RPO codes in the trunk should tell you for sure.

A door broadcast sheet also would have WE2 on it as well but that would be harder to find since you have to take the door panels off the car.

Also a GN will not have a place for a hood ornament up front, look for a filled hole in the header panel (front nose section) although most aftermarket ones had the holes in them if the car was in a minor (or major) accident one could have been used for the repair and they filled the hole.

Probably more things to look for as well.

Hey guys, Im supposed to pick up my new car this sunday from out of state, Its a 1986 Grand National, But, In the process of taking care of the bank transactions I noticed that the title says Regal T-type, My question is Is it actualy a Grand National? Or a GN clone? Just Curious. It has the turbo 6 logo on the head rests with the tu-tone black grey seats, Grey interior, Black exterior with all GN emblems affixed in their proper locations, Is there anything else I need to be looking for or is that just normal for what the title reads? Sorry for the dumb post, just want to make sure I know what im buying! Thanks Ryan

In 86 GN was actually an option package to the Regal T-Type. Look for the WE2 code. In 87 there actually was a model designated Grand National. In 86, Regal T-Type with Grand National option package.

Turbo Dave is correct. The title and MSO for all 84-86 GNs will say Regal T-Type. The GN was an option on only the T-Type.

Interesting... Gotta Check That Tonight. I Heard Its Only A Gn If The Pillars Are Cracked.. Lol Jk (my Caps Is Stuck Sorry)

Back