You can type here any text you want

To MSD or not to MSD?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It was just a non did box and it was $100 to fix, does the car spark at all? or at the wrong time Do you have the instruction manual? I can email it to you as pdf file?

norbs said:
It was just a non did box and it was $100 to fix, does the car spark at all? or at the wrong time Do you have the instruction manual? I can email it to you as pdf file?
thanks norbs---i do have the manual. no spark at all. just to let you know im using a fast system also. im rechecking all wiring . again!

norbs, do you use the universal 300+ (49300)or the GM V6 specific 300+ (49321)?

well i got another box from paul and pluged it in and it worked perfect. i guess ill send the other box back in and see if they can fix it. did anybody hear about the new HO box comming out after the first of the year? nick said he talked to the msd guys at sema and said the new box is on the way.

talked to msd and they said send the box in and they will TRY to repair it. so we will see. they said if they can fix it. it will be $75.00+shipping stay tuned!

You can use any accel 300+ box the wiring harness is just different, but you dont need to use any of those harnesses. Just get a 8 pin metric pak connector and be done with it. If you notice on my setup i can bypass the boxes with just plugging in the conectors i made at the module itself. If you need the connectors i will help you out thanks

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/dis.JPG

Thanks Norbs,

I was rereading your post and noticed the part about the MSD DIS-4HO being more powerful, right now Summit is discounting all the MSD stuff, so a good time to buy either the adapter blocks or the DIS-4HO. Is the one you are talking about the one currently on the market or is it due to be released in the future? Also it looks like the Accel 300+ idea is slightly cheaper and more redundant against failure but I might be wrong there. Given the choice between your current setup and the currently available MSD DIS-4HO. Which would you take?

Thanks,

The only reason i am not going with the MSD is that in event of a box failure, they would ship it UPS to me this means an extra $80 on top of the repair bill. If you are not worried about reliability go with the MSD. If you had the orginal bill the accel stuff carries a liftetime warranty, i think

Back