You can type here any text you want

too many changes at once

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
I will be installing my built matching numbers engine soon. The new engine has 212/212 roller cam & fully ported champion heads with ported intake. I need to install the wideband, chip, 60 lb injectors, & powerlogger. I know it is a bad idea to change too many things all at once in case there is a problem. Just for the break in time, can I just get away with running with my current setup? I really hate to cut corners but I want to make sure the engine install goes good with out any problems before I change anything else. That way if it doesn't fire up, the problem will be easier to track down.
For the first 500 miles, boost will be very low so the alky doesn't spray during break in time.
Here's a list of things I need to add or change:
#1-matching wideband turbotweak chip
#2-install plx wideband
#3-install powerlogger
#4-install 60 lb. injectors
#5-different torque converter
#6-install new O2 sensor
#7-install oil pressure gauge
#8-volt booster
Just for break in time I think I can get away with just doing #5, #6, & #7. The only thing that sucks is I won't have any way to verify AF ratio. What do you all think? Thanks, Tim

I really don't see a problem with installing it all together. At least that's what I would do. Everything is pretty straightforward and will only help to diagnose any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be the issue with doing all 8 beforehand? Like wb mentioned, you would have more visibility in case you did have an issue.

Put all that shit in and be confident in your work. That's how I do it anyways. (y)

Install everything, start, check for leaks, top fluids, test drive it, put boost to it several times, bring back to look for leaks or anything else you forgot under the hood. Go for a long drive varying speed and rpm and boost. Rack some more miles on it and start tuning. Don't baby it.

I was just worried about the powerlogger install. Oh well. Going to continue collecting the rest of the stuff. All in it is. Thanks for the responses.

If something goes wrong, I think you'll be glad you did it now. It may take some more time now, but it'll save you time down the road.if you have to troubleshoot.

Back