Took the ol man's GN to the track today

ttypewhite

I was tuning my Dad's GN for a couple weeks now. What I felt on the street just made me curious as hell, so I pestered him to allow me to take it to the track. Finally he caved in and said ok. I brought my tires and fuel by his house and started setting it up to go to the track. Last night everything was done and ready to go. Today we showed up at Toronto Motorsports to see what it could do. We were all pleasantly surprised at the numbers it yielded us. First pass off the trailer was a 9.40@146mph at 26 psi. I was warned at the speeds we were going with no cage....... 2nd pass I backed it up with a 9.50 and was shown the door. The track prep was bad and there was so many delays because of cars wetting down the track. They closed off the right lane and were using the left. Our best sixty foot was a 1.44. 2nd pass was worse with a 1.48. All in all it was a good day for us and the car is all washed up and put back to street duty.
IMG_20141025_192114_zpsfe2adaf7.jpg

IMG_20141025_132035_zps11678fa1.jpg

Last edited:
He had said 26psi on the first run off trailor that he got warned on and would of been the same on his 2nd run in which he got kicked off the track.
That's flying down the track, nice runs and solid 60ft's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What kind of msd ignition system is that? I see that the cam sensor, factory style ignition control module and coil pack was replaced by it in the underhood pic you posted.
I'm assuming it runs alot more consistent and smoother with that setup?

Last edited:
MSD Digital 6 ignition, MSD Blaster coil and a MSD distributor. Using Cal Hartline's ignition module terminator to retain the factory crank sensor.

Last edited:
Nice setup, makes sense why you ran that well. Looks really nice btw.

Bring your cars to Norwalk or Bowling Green for the Buick events they love cars that run nines with no cage. Nice run that is sweet I hope my new combo does that next year full interior and no cage already been high nines at 138 Norwalk loved it.

Bring your cars to Norwalk or Bowling Green for the Buick events they love cars that run nines with no cage. Nice run that is sweet I hope my new combo does that next year full interior and no cage already been high nines at 138 Norwalk loved it.

Norwalk is on my list next year for sure. Not sure which car I'm bringing, but one is coming. My Dad's car is probably as heavy as it gets. No fiberglass parts, full interior with pwr seats, still has the
factory front swaybar in it, heavier H&R bar in the rear over the factory one, heavier block (stageII 3.8 with forged rotating assembly) , heavier intercooler (RJC front mount), after market stereo system with a amp in the trunk, and has T-bars to boot. I'm curious as to how heavy it really is.