TORNADO through MS today.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
I got a call from my Mom today at lunch. She said a huge tornado ripped through my home town today at 11:15. Thank you Lord that they are ok. So far 2 fatalities. I-20 is closed East and Westbound lanes until further notice. Everything is moving in a North Northeastern direction so look out Alabama and TN.
Here is a video I found. This was about 5 miles from my parents house.
Springridge road exit at I-20.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVo5osbSvTs[/YOUTUBE]

Hope Jason & Misty and all the others in Jackson area are ok. The tornado passed within an 1/4 mile of my 5th grade elementary school of about 400 kids. Thankfully no-one hurt. But there is serious damage throughout the Jackson metro area.
Keep everyone in MS in your prayers as more storms are brewing. And keep an eye on the weather everyone. Stay safe.

Patrick

Most everything went north of us. Lost cell towers and power for a while.. Already had hail damage to house, shop, truck, & trailer a few weeks ago and another heavy storm came through the same place today. Most damage I've ever had from a storm.

Scary stuff, nothing worse than a tornado. Is it normal for you guys to get them down there? Up here in CT they are pretty rare, we did have one in Bridgeport last year and a pretty good size one in Hamden back in the 80's.

Awesome! And scary as hell! I had one pass right over my head years ago....sounded like 10,000 frieght trains all at once...loudest sound I ever heard in my life!!! Like an idiot, as I saw it coming I realized what a stupid thing I did....I went and hid all of my guitars real fast:rolleyes:. Yeah, brain dead. I still can't believe I did that. What good would it have done hiding my guitars if the damn tornado hit my apartment? None.

I hate those things...we get them down here in Virginia also, and every time there's a warning I'm on needles and pins. Glad your Mom is OK. A tornado is a bitch!!

(strange, I named my old rock band "The Toronados" Wonder why I thought of that?:p)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Tornado

I do not understand how Jason and Misty is more important than your best friend (or so call). You have ignore me forever and don't know why. Is it popularity or who got the most money??????? Let me know because you are losing me since I not popular like Jason. Peace

I do not understand how Jason and Misty is more important than your best friend (or so call). You have ignore me forever and don't know why. Is it popularity or who got the most money??????? Let me know because you are losing me since I not popular like Jason. Peace

W T F!?????:confused:

Bruce '87 Grand National

2nd tornado within 200 yards of my office in 5 years. It happened to be the one that went across the Rez also. There's a video floating around of it going across the Rez. Just nuts. No damage at the house.

We had some here in Arkansas. Usually they dont hit central Arkansas but they did this time. Funny how one area can be fine and nothing and 2 blocks away is trees down and horrible. Glad everyone was ok. I would love to see one and watch it but those storm chasers are NUTS!

Hey, TurboV8, thanks for the profanity laced PM you sent me....as I have no idea of what your uncontrolled anger pointed you in my direction...if you send anymore of your baby crap to my PM, I WILL report you to the moderators/owners. I have no idea what you're talking about...but I WILL tell you to lay off. Got it?:mad:

Until then go take an anger management class and learn to grow up before you spit out your hateful comments on my PM. You've got a serious mental problem and I suggest you get it taken care of soon before someone along your life times will take care of YOU. Got it, corkhead?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey, TurboV8, thanks for the profanity laced PM you sent me....as I have no idea of what your uncontrolled anger pointed you in my direction...if you send anymore of your baby crap to my PM, I WILL report you to the moderators/owners. I have no idea what you're talking about...but I WILL tell you to lay off. Got it?:mad:

Until then go take an anger management class and learn to grow up before you spit out your hateful comments on my PM. You've got a serious mental problem and I suggest you get it taken care of soon before someone along your life times will take care of YOU. Got it, corkhead?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce,

Please send it to me, I have not banned anyone in a month or two...

Wow a member here since 03 and 13 posts... Yeah, that is not cool.

I guess you guys heard about the destruction these same storms caused here in NC right? I had one within 5 mins too. Saw it over the trees:eek:

They had mega destruction up around my car lot. Over a dozen people killed:( Several of my customers cars got totalled too. Had one lady just bought one, it hit here house and car. Her drivers license ended up over a 100 miles away in VA:eek:

Bruce,

Please send it to me, I have not banned anyone in a month or two...

Thank you, John, I would like you to see it. Please know that, after the 2ND PM calling me a NASTY NAME did trigger the anger in me, so I sent him a very nasty letter back. I couldn't help it, but I don't regret it. There was no cause at all for it and I just won't put up with it.

John, being the dweeb I am with computers sometimes, how do I send the two PMs to you? I'd like you to see them in unaltered form. Could you please suggest a way for me?

In the thread we were all discussing tornados, and when this person made the unrelated post, I couldn't figure out what was going on, so I said WTF as I picked it up from a lot of forum members here...kind of a "nice" way to express confusion, as I was. I didn't at all expect the action I got from this "member." I see us all on this forum as close brothers, but acting this way is not "brotherly." I just love this forum and want to be the best I can here for all of us.

Thanks for your concern about this, John. I sure appreciate it.

Bruce '87 Grand National