You can type here any text you want

Torque Arm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

killer69

First off i should introduce myself.
I am one of the owners of Speed Tech Performance and ATS (American Touring Specialties)
i have been lurking here for a bit and figured i should join up and partisipate when time allows.

Speed Tech recently took over the ATS operations, i am sure you all know the ATS spindle, well we are making them again and they are in stock. not trying to make this an advertisment trust me.

we currently have a 86 GN that we will be using to develope all the suspension components for . we also have a great torque arm that currently fits the first gen Camaros.
What i would like to know is woud any of you be interested in a Torque arm for the G bodies, knowing the GNX cam factory with one. we love the way it handles in my 72Nova and i would like to put one in my GN as well.
or would you just be happy with the triangulated 4 bar system?
what do you think

Beware of GM and the design infringment. It works well but it is under GM's umbrella after all.

First off i should introduce myself.
I am one of the owners of Speed Tech Performance and ATS (American Touring Specialties)

or would you just be happy with the triangulated 4 bar system?

Yes, I am happy with just the tri- 4 bar system.

BTW- Welcome aboard.

Beware of GM and the design infringment. It works well but it is under GM's umbrella after all.

i think GM is long past that, it would not be the same looking as the GNX unit. and would not bolt up to the GNX rear end it would be made to fit the standard GN/Monty rear end or a 9".

we are also doing the standard triangulated set up and coil over conversion. is 90% done already.

just wanted some feed back as to how interested ppl would be to something a little different.

. not trying to make this an advertisment trust me.

Well what exactly are you doing then? Are you not asking for something?

Read the sticky at the top of each forum, where it says RULES etc...

well i thought is may be something that ppl would be interested in and since we can go both ways or not it was a way to start. also figured it might be a topic to discuss since the GNX had it

if you feel it's an ad delete it.

I was pondering this idea before and I would like to know more about. Do you have any pics? Would it delete the upper CA's? How much would it cost?

Wow! Looks like a killer set up! I have the ATS spindles on the front of my GN and actually just ordered a Currie Fab9 today for the rear. How would the GBody kit bolt up to a stock or 9" GBody housing? Would the bracketry need to be welded to the housing? Or would there be adapter brackets that bolt on?

we would supply in the kit new lower control arms that would bolt into the factory lower mounts, I know the Currie and Moser rears us different than factory lower mounts so that would need to be addressed, we also can supply a bolt in 9" the issue with the LCA mounts is in the Coil over mounting bracket but that would all get worked out.

Hmmm. I wish I had known about this before this morning. I like the idea. I might still be interested later down the road if there is something that can adapt to the Currie or Moser housing lower mounts. How long do you feel this project will take to get into production?

To keep this as a technical thread, how would your feel your set up compares to a "high performance" 4 link kit that other companies are selling, example lower control arms, springs, upper control arms, etc? What do you feel the main advantage of your kit would be and what gain would see in our handling oriented cars?

the system should still work other than the lower coil over mounts but like i said we will address that when we get going on it.
we will be shooting for mid summer to have these ready to ship. at this point a am just doing a bit of market research, but i can tell you the system WORK wicked on my Nova. great streetability and just pay your entry fee at the roadrace track and go rip it up.

the system should still work other than the lower coil over mounts but like i said we will address that when we get going on it.
we will be shooting for mid summer to have these ready to ship. at this point a am just doing a bit of market research, but i can tell you the system WORK wicked on my Nova. great streetability and just pay your entry fee at the roadrace track and go rip it up.

Put it this way, if you dont, someone else will.

Anyone actually DRIVE a GNX ??? I didn't care for the rear suspension at all.. If ya look at GNXs that are raced most have gone back to the 4 link.

Yes I do agree Grump but the actuall advantages of the torque arm set up can be benefitial, specially with the coil overs.

Anyone actually DRIVE a GNX ??? I didn't care for the rear suspension at all.. If ya look at GNXs that are raced most have gone back to the 4 link.

I Wish!!!
the GNX used a really Short Torque arm from any of the information i have found. ours is just about 2x longer.
if you could drive my Nova that has the TA in it. , it handles like its on rails the ride is very comfortable, there is virtualy no brake dive. the anti squat # are right arround 100 and are adjustable either side of that
i am going to put one in my GN this spring and test it this summer.

Likey

I like it.

I would love to compare this to the stock suspension (with no-hop bars), both on the dragstrip and a high speed road course (Texas World Speedway).

It is way out of my price range. That means I'll probably never buy if it were available.

Back