You can type here any text you want

Torque Converter requirements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BaldMenace

Engine is a stroked 3.8 with lightly ported heads, hydraulic roller (210/114) and cruz T4 headers. Garrett G37-900 Turbo and a well built Buick switch pitch 400 transmission. Car is a 3400 lb 66 Special with a 3.42 rear gear. How much stall do I need to keep this combination from being lazy ? Current converter is 2200-2300 in high stall mode.

This is the Turbocharger I have.

Screenshot_20240629_150913_Gallery.jpg

I would contact Dusty Bradford at PTC to spec out a converter. I have one of his 17-blade converters and it is great.

the switch pitch could be sweet if someone can build a good converter for it that couples well. Could it survive a 'range' shift while wide open?

Does anyone build those converters anymore? Probably a 3200/2600 would work better. But a non switch pitch and a non lock PTC would be light years ahead

You might give Greg a call and see what he can do for you on the switch pitch. I haven't gotten a switch pitch from them but have been doing business with them for over thirty yrs and know guys who have their switch pitch stuff and it works well.

Back