You can type here any text you want

TR6 Rev Limit , How High To Set ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I ask this question because after installing my TR6 ignition I hit the rev limiter on 2-3 shift at WOT and it makes me let off everytime . It's set at 6000 rpm right now . After reviewing a powerlogger file from Norwalk ( before TR6 ) I hit 6182 rpm at the shift then dropped to 5119 rpm , it climbed back up to 5749 rpm at the traps . Is it safe to set the limit at 6200 rpm or due I have a trans problem ? The 6000+ rpm event lasts 3/10ths of a second .

Attachments

Sounds like a pretty stout combo. If the bottom end is forged and your springs can keep the valves from floating then have no fear. Mine is at 6400.

What cam?
206/206 roller , motor is fresh ,under 1000 miles. It has good oil pressure. 28 @ idle hot. The over Rev is just a spike at the shift. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for the TR6 limiter & powerlogger (thanks Bob Bailey ).

Similar combo. (206/210 roller) and I had it set at 5800 and it really bounced. I've been told to set it to 6K but I haven't been to the track since.

you want to be sure to NEVER hit the chip limiter when running alcohol. If the limiter in the chip has been removed then I see no issue going to 6200 with that combo, presuming the springs are up to it (as others have stated).

Bob

you want to be sure to NEVER hit the chip limiter when running alcohol. If the limiter in the chip has been removed then I see no issue going to 6200 with that combo, presuming the springs are up to it (as others have stated).

Bob
Bob due you mean spraying alky , cause I'm on E85 only and my alky kit is disconnected now ?

Back