You can type here any text you want

Track times, not good w/video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
were you running the 93 octane chip when you had 110 in there? Would that possibly cause a problem?

Because the timing wouldnt be up on that chip compared to a 93 octane chip.

-Adam

were you running the 93 octane chip when you had 110 in there? Would that possibly cause a problem?

Because the timing wouldnt be up on that chip compared to a 93 octane chip.

-Adam

Yea it was...if it does cause that big of a decrease in performance I didn't know.

Can I get some feedback on this ?

Ok this is the car in my signature.

60ft - 1.8441
330 - 5.49
1/8 - 8.52 @ 80mph
1/4 - 13.4892 @ 96.77

This is with 25lbs of boost and 110 oct fuel and a 15lb launch on Tbrake

You can see the car lay down about 40-50ft out and my turbo spooling at the line sounded like it went away...? weird

Any help

video:
Putfile - 85280

Looking at that video something is terribly wrong somewhere. Particularly if you did indeed launch at 15# that was an incredibly soft launch for that much boost, and your 60' time shows how bad it was. Your 1/8, 1/4, everything is way down from the time you left the line.
I'd start suspecting something in the tranny or torque converter. A 15# tbrake launch with all the equipment you have should net you a 1.5 60' on good tires. It's a very visible soft launch. Somthing's slipping badly.

Looking at that video something is terribly wrong somewhere. Particularly if you did indeed launch at 15# that was an incredibly soft launch for that much boost, and your 60' time shows how bad it was. Your 1/8, 1/4, everything is way down from the time you left the line.
I'd start suspecting something in the tranny or torque converter. A 15# tbrake launch with all the equipment you have should net you a 1.5 60' on good tires. It's a very visible soft launch. Somthing's slipping badly.

Could burnt lock up clutches in the convertor cause this much slipping? I do not lock the convertor btw.

Could burnt lock up clutches in the convertor cause this much slipping? I do not lock the convertor btw.

No, your problems are starting right at the line, long before tcc lockup occurs.
I suspect you have a combination of problems, and it isn't going to be easy to track them all down.
Why the low O2's all the way down the track??? Bad O2 sensor probably.
Why the soft launch? tranny maybe, fueling maybe, chip maybe.

I just noticed you're running a Denso O2. Probably not heated. Some folks have had good luck with them. But the people I've known have had too many wierd unexplained problems with them. I suspect the same in your case.
You might want to think about upgrading to a heated O2. GM heated O2's seem to be especially stable and long lasting.
You have to get your O2's under control first.

My nephew had a aluminum headed GN that use to fry the tires at 45mph when you nailed the throttle. It gradually started to slow down to a point that he could barely spin at all. It finally could only run 80-82 in the 8th mile which is what a nice running stock GN could do. I couldn't figure out what the problem was in the electronics or anything else. I finally pulled the valve covers and found a couple of cam lobes worn. So it's worth the trouble to check to see if a couple of lobes are worn off the cam.

2qwik4u,this may be hard to believe but tuning can have a huge effect both in a positive and negative way.running 110 octane on a 93 octane chip may be the source of your issue,usually the chips are cut for the fuel for a reason!110 octane or race chips have significantly higher timing to take advantage of the fuel being used,this is why your car feels good on the street and bad on the track once the 110 is in the tank.your 02 readings were what i like to call rich low, due to the low timing and 110 race fuel,when these cars get real rich the narrowband or 02 will show crazy low numbers making one question if the motor is still there or not.the 110 will require a different tune than the 93,and your only going to run so much boost with 93 unless alky is applied.you have alot of good parts on the car if nothing is hurt it should run good and you may want to get a wideband to be on point with the tune.

My nephew had a aluminum headed GN that use to fry the tires at 45mph when you nailed the throttle. It gradually started to slow down to a point that he could barely spin at all. It finally could only run 80-82 in the 8th mile which is what a nice running stock GN could do. I couldn't figure out what the problem was in the electronics or anything else. I finally pulled the valve covers and found a couple of cam lobes worn. So it's worth the trouble to check to see if a couple of lobes are worn off the cam.

I had the motor completely torn down last May. The cam looked fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

2qwik4u,this may be hard to believe but tuning can have a huge effect both in a positive and negative way.running 110 octane on a 93 octane chip may be the source of your issue,usually the chips are cut for the fuel for a reason!110 octane or race chips have significantly higher timing to take advantage of the fuel being used,this is why your car feels good on the street and bad on the track once the 110 is in the tank.your 02 readings were what i like to call rich low, due to the low timing and 110 race fuel,when these cars get real rich the narrowband or 02 will show crazy low numbers making one question if the motor is still there or not.the 110 will require a different tune than the 93,and your only going to run so much boost with 93 unless alky is applied.you have alot of good parts on the car if nothing is hurt it should run good and you may want to get a wideband to be on point with the tune.

Yea I probably should get a race chip and a wideband 02. You know my downpipe already has a wideband O2 in the bottom part of it. I just lack the gauge. I would like to have an alky kit.

???????

"237 fuel regulator"...Huh?? :confused:
"somewhere in the high 50's almost 60psi"..?? With a base FP of 43-45,[PSI the inj are rated at], and 25# boost, there should be 70# of FP, NOT the stated psi.:eek:
Running low delta pressure, [IE: reference to boost is not 1:1] has the same effect as running a smaller injector. It appears you have lost approx 15psi of delta. That puts inj operating psi at 30 net. The injs are now running at 47.34PPH.
That could be the reason for the O2's tanking. Get that WB in there, B4 U fry this engine.:D
How about looking at reading the plugs???
Here's a place to start.
sparkplugreading

just my $.02... Reality may differ.:biggrin:

"237 fuel regulator"...Huh?? :confused:
"somewhere in the high 50's almost 60psi"..?? With a base FP of 43-45,[PSI the inj are rated at], and 25# boost, there should be 70# of FP, NOT the stated psi.:eek:
Running low delta pressure, [IE: reference to boost is not 1:1] has the same effect as running a smaller injector. It appears you have lost approx 15psi of delta. That puts inj operating psi at 30 net. The injs are now running at 47.34PPH.
That could be the reason for the O2's tanking. Get that WB in there, B4 U fry this engine.:D
How about looking at reading the plugs???
Here's a place to start.
reading spark plug switch champion at sparkplugreading

just my $.02... Reality may differ.:biggrin:

Ok I'll take a look at the plugs. I have an ATR adj regulator but it bled down when I put the mighty vac on it. I assumed it was bad since the 237 did not leak down.

WOW. What were your RPMs at launch? Sounded like 4 grand! Id definately look at your converter for part of the power loss. The way the car sounded at the line you shoulda flipped the car over on launch:eek:

with a translator you should be running an extender chip.

Your O2's being low is the first thing to fix. Fuel pressure sounds way off. What is your fuel pump situation? Fuel pump wiring?

Fix these before something expensive breaks.......

Post your DS files. Is your DS set for 3.42 and 26.1" tires? If so, converter slip is easy to calculate.

Bob

WOW. What were your RPMs at launch? Sounded like 4 grand! Id definately look at your converter for part of the power loss. The way the car sounded at the line you shoulda flipped the car over on launch:eek:

No way, the launch rpms are like 5200 Like I said I don't know what's going on with this car.

with a translator you should be running an extender chip.

Your O2's being low is the first thing to fix. Fuel pressure sounds way off. What is your fuel pump situation? Fuel pump wiring?

Fix these before something expensive breaks.......

Post your DS files. Is your DS set for 3.42 and 26.1" tires? If so, converter slip is easy to calculate.

Bob

Extender chip, I thought it was ok to run the commander with the lt1/trans
Why do I need the extender version?

The fuel pressure line off is 45psi with the 237 reg. Do i still need an aftermarket adjustable regular?

How do I post the DS file? I have just says that the file is not valid when I try to post it. The DS is set for 3.42 and 27" tall tires.

Back