You can type here any text you want

Track times, not good w/video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 QK 4 U

Banned
Ok this is the car in my signature.

60ft - 1.8441
330 - 5.49
1/8 - 8.52 @ 80mph
1/4 - 13.4892 @ 96.77

This is with 25lbs of boost and 110 oct fuel and a 15lb launch on Tbrake

You can see the car lay down about 40-50ft out and my turbo spooling at the line sounded like it went away...? weird

Any help

video:
Putfile - 85280

How does it run now?
Did the boost drop?
You were in on the T-Brake for a while holding boost....:eek:

O2s were 780 ish when I was on the Tbrake and when the car left the line the O2s went way down to 27-35 the whole way down the track. And zero KR. Also 20` of timing.

I'm confused....I can't get the tuning of these cars. There must be something I'm doing wrong to the car. I'm about to sell it and buy a crate motor big block from GM with 700 hp and dump it in:eek: not really but it's an option.

When did you take the GN out to KK for these runs? I finished my 1990 Firebird Hybrid and plan to run it there this Thursday for some baselines. I think I may have a cracked header though:(

Ok this is the car in my signature.

60ft - 1.8441
330 - 5.49
1/8 - 8.52 @ 80mph
1/4 - 13.4892 @ 96.77

This is with 25lbs of boost and 110 oct fuel and a 15lb launch on Tbrake

You can see the car lay down about 40-50ft out and my turbo spooling at the line sounded like it went away...? weird

Any help

video:
Putfile - 85280

Posting the DS log might help alittle..

Is your transmission slipping?With 15lbs of boost on trans brakes with no tire spin you should be lifting the front tires off the ground.

Do you have a cat on the car? List your complete build on here and lets see if there is anything conflicting. Something is wrong somewhere. On a good running GN, you should see 25 to 30 mph after the 8th, your only seeing 16.

Complete Buid Up

87 Grand National Hardtop, 44k original miles, I got the car w/no motor trans
I had Dayton Crankshaft do the work on the block and heads except for porting them. I cleaned and assembled everything myself the summer of 2004
Engine has about 18k miles

1986 3.8L 109 Block
Bored .030 over
TRW forged Pistons
Moly rings gapped at ring mfgs specs
Stock Rods w/Clevite 77 brngs and ARP bolts
Stock crank w/King brngs
Speed Pro hyd camshaft 204/214
Cloyes True street roller timing set
HV front cover
Stock balancer/flexplate
A/C Delete
Ported 8445 Heads w/125lbs springs, stock valves, 9441 HGs, ARP studs
Ported stock Intake w/stock unported upper plenum & TB - no power plate
PTE Front Mount Intercooler w/all RPS silicone hoses
PTE GT6776 Turbo 3" in - 2" out and HD WG actuator
PTE Turbo Saver Kit
Terry Houston SSTL downpipe, race dump, Hooker catback system
Denso O2 Sensor
AC CR42 plugs w/factory 7mm wires
57lbs Seimens Injectors
237 fuel regulator
Griffen Aluminum radiator w/electric fan
Walbro 340 Fuel Pump w/hotwire kit
LT1 MAF sensor w/Translator set correctly
Precision Vigilante Single disk Convertor LU 3500 stall speed
Extreme Automatics Stage II transmission w/transbrake and Art carr deep pan
B&M Super cooler trans cooler w/10" electric fan set for 190 deg
Driveshaft safety loop
Stock Driveshaft and U joints
Stock Axles
Stock untoched rear suspension and brakes
Stock untoched front suspension and brakes
Centerline Convo Pro 15x8.5 w/hoosier quick time pro 27x11.5 w/rim screws
VDO oil,water,boost,trans temp gauges. Autometer Fuel psi gauge on hood
Scanmaster and Direct Scan
Bob Bailey commander chip for 93 octane set on open loop idle

I think that's about everything, if not just ask.

Thanks for everyones input I really appreciate it.

Is your transmission slipping?With 15lbs of boost on trans brakes with no tire spin you should be lifting the front tires off the ground.

Me and Lonnied just went through the transmission last month. Everything looked good except for the broken input shaft.

I get no tire spin...the tires are crinkling on the launch. And it is pretty violent taking off. But it's just not making any Horsepower! I thought for sure I would be lifting the front tires after I put the 6776 turbo on. And get this....changing the turbo only improved my 60' from 2.09 to 1.82 but no change in the 8th. It went 80mph with the stock turbo! AHHHH what's wrong. I would pay someone to come and figure out what's wrong and unleashed the power this car is hiding from me! I'm serious!:smile:

is the puck on your terry houston seated correctly?

I guess...not sure how to check it. When I took the old turbo off there was a distinct area where you could tell it was.

Would the puck not being seated correctly make it like 3 seconds slower than it should be?

This car should be turning 10.50s at 125 ???? Am I right? All the parts should go 10 seconds, I guess I can't tune the dang thing. Maybe if I put 7 second parts on it will go 11s, lol

correct me if I'm wrong guys but I think the puck is the last thing in the system that controls boost pressure and or turbo spool

Well something is surely wrong here with your car. Your MPH is stupidly low for the mods that you have. I would stop driving the car.......or at least stay off the strip until you figure out what is wrong. You should be trapping at least 20 MPH faster than you are now even with a krap 60ft. time. What part of Ohio are located in?

Back