You can type here any text you want

Track times, not good w/video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Extender chip, I thought it was ok to run the commander with the lt1/trans
Why do I need the extender version?

The fuel pressure line off is 45psi with the 237 reg. Do i still need an aftermarket adjustable regular?

How do I post the DS file? I have just says that the file is not valid when I try to post it. The DS is set for 3.42 and 27" tall tires.

The translator is compatible with any chip.

With the extender, you can tune the WOT fueling with the knob in the box.....

With an extender, you can tune the fuel with the translator, so your 237 regulator is ok. (you can tune fuel with the commander, its just less convenient....) Your fuel issue is with WOT fuel pressure, which usually points to inadequate supply volume.

Zip the DS file and then post it. If you have a DS file showing some highway cruise with the TCC locked, it will help work out the converter slip math.

B

You got some issues there. First off, your TPS never goes past 4.0 volts all run. Looks like it is all over the place. Ususally you want that to be at least 4.5 volts or higher. Next thing, looks like your o2 sensor is dead. It's values are below 100 all run! You want that to be around the 750 to 800 range going down the track.

Also, your car is only running 19 degrees of timing. Your not going to make big power with that much. If you are running race gas, I think you should be 24 degrees or higher. That would require a race chip.

What I would do:
-Replace o2 sensor
-adjust/fix tps Adjusting the TPS
-CHECK ALL GROUNDS!! Maybe add a few (from the battery to the frame, from the frame to the engine, check/replace the one from the batt to the engine.

Start there and see what happens

That still...

Ok I'll take a look at the plugs. I have an ATR adj regulator but it bled down when I put the mighty vac on it. I assumed it was bad since the 237 did not leak down.

does not address the low FP problem you have. It appears, as Bob stated, that the rest of the fuel system is in need of an overhaul/inspection, etc...:eek:

I agree with Chuck, there's some unusual issues going on here.

O2 voltages looked normal until you went to WOT. :eek:

Your WOT timing in 1st and 2nd gears is all over the place!!! :eek:

TPS is totally shot!! :eek:

If you're still running a 200R4 tranny your 3rd gear switch never engergized. Not good if you have adjustable timing chip.

Your P/N switch went on about the 600 ft mark and never went off. :confused:

Looks like there could be some serious voltage issues going on. Your batt voltage looks OK, but I'd bet there's a ton of grounding issues.

Tons of stuff to figure out on this one!!

I just noticed my TPS vt it was like 1.88v at 4400 rpm.....now how can that be? TPS will get switched out today!

I'll go thru and recheck my grounds. The one from the battery to the lower bolt on the turbo brkt I know is ok cuz I just put the turbo on and I added a second gnd strap from the firewall to the cylinder head and I ground it down to bare surface.

Also should I have a ground strap from the gas tank to the frame?

I got my fuel pump from full throttle April of 06 along with the hotwire kit. Could these go bad that quick?

Yes, I'm still running the 2004r trans. How does the 3rd gear switch make contact with the ECM? Also could there be something wrong with my P/N switch at the column?

Don't forget to check the most important grounds, the ones on the back of the passenger side head.

"I just noticed my TPS vt it was like 1.88v at 4400 rpm.....now how can that be? TPS will get switched out today!"
B4 you change it, see if it's loose, and/or just out of adjustment. No/low TPS signal, and the fueling is FUBAR!
Do a key on, engine off test of the tps.. thru it's full sweep.
.42/.44 closed, to over 4.2 WFO, with NO erratic signal output during the sweep.

"I just noticed my TPS vt it was like 1.88v at 4400 rpm.....now how can that be? TPS will get switched out today!"
B4 you change it, see if it's loose, and/or just out of adjustment. No/low TPS signal, and the fueling is FUBAR!
Do a key on, engine off test of the tps.. thru it's full sweep.
.42/.44 closed, to over 4.2 WFO, with NO erratic signal output during the sweep.

I just did this and the sensor is on there tight.

Key On, engine off - .42
Engine On - .44
Key On, engine off - Swept .02 incriments all the way to 4.24 max

Grounds on the passenger head are on tight. All three mounts.
Also rechecked the batt gnd to the turbo bracket. It's ok.

Should I have a ground strap from the fuel tank to the frame?

"Should I have a ground strap from the fuel tank to the frame?"

yes. There should be one there, from the factory. It has a "tooth type" gripper on 1 end. That grip slides onto the weld seam flange, and hooks to the inside of the frame, near the bumper shock.
I drill a small hole, OUTSIDE the weld seam, and add my own.

"Should I have a ground strap from the fuel tank to the frame?"

yes. There should be one there, from the factory. It has a "tooth type" gripper on 1 end. That grip slides onto the weld seam flange, and hooks to the inside of the frame, near the bumper shock.
I drill a small hole, OUTSIDE the weld seam, and add my own.

Thank you! I'm going out in the garage to put this on. Thank god for the garage cuz it looks like it's gonna rain like a mofo!

Ok, I drilled a hole in that gas tank flap on the corner and ground it to bare metal...installed a ground strap to the bumper shock mounting bolt. I ground that area bare as well.

Took it for a test drive and it's still only acheiving high 50psi Fuel. Also I noticed the O2s were in the low 600s at WOT.

Is there anything else to check?

What should the vacuum be at idle? I guess I could check that.

With this much slippage--you're NOT going anywhere fast. You apparently have convertor/ tranny probs TOO...

well it's got to be in the convertor because Lonnie and I just went through the whole trans and everything looked great. It only has about 2,500 miles on it. The reason we were inside of it was because the input shaft broke.

"Took it for a test drive and it's still only acheiving high 50psi Fuel. Also I noticed the O2s were in the low 600s at WOT".
When the 340 was installed, was the pulsator removed, and the hose/clamp setup put in? There could be a leak, with either of these items installed. [More likely with the pulsator.] Maybe time to drop the tank, and verify the hose connection, and the condition of the filter sock.

"Took it for a test drive and it's still only acheiving high 50psi Fuel. Also I noticed the O2s were in the low 600s at WOT".
When the 340 was installed, was the pulsator removed, and the hose/clamp setup put in? There could be a leak, with either of these items installed. [More likely with the pulsator.] Maybe time to drop the tank, and verify the hose connection, and the condition of the filter sock.

yea the pulsator was removed and the small piece of hose installed.
I may get time to do this today. I'm watching Powerblock on Spike right now, lol... dropping the tank isn't all that hard, I'll reply what I find out.

After looking at the file i know its been said but there is something very wrong with your converter. if you are pushing those rpms through the traps and only trapping 96. The converter is probably a large portion of your problem. Until you fix this you really aren't gonna be able to diagnose and tune the rest of the setup.

After looking at the file i know its been said but there is something very wrong with your converter. if you are pushing those rpms through the traps and only trapping 96. The converter is probably a large portion of your problem. Until you fix this you really aren't gonna be able to diagnose and tune the rest of the setup.

You know that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

One frame said 93mph and 5450 rpm....that definately aint right.

Looks like maybe I should send my convetor over to Precision for a rebuild??

Back on my post #54--you gotta be concerned with your convertor way before any thought of trap time/ rpm. With your stated 5200rpm launch & 15# boost you should immediately think of BAD convertor (or tranny stuff). As I stated before, "with this much slippage, you're not going anywhere fast" .

I don't remember your stated conv'r stall speed--but I know it wouldn't be 5000-5500rpm--not even the BIG boys run that high. :confused:

Will be in Tipp again this weekend--but won't have a chance to hook-up. As you may recall , it didn't happen last year,,,

Monte

Back