You can type here any text you want

Track times, not good w/video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a pic of the car launching from the video. This was taken by the track photographer.

I think the car is lifting pretty straight. This is 1.8 sixty foot

PhotoReflect - PhotoIII Photography

What do you guys think?

I still havnt tracked down my gremlins yet...

I am planning on attending the BPG event in Hebron. Is anyone brave enough to spend a few minutes checking my GN out? If so it will be there.
It will have the GNX wheels on it of course.

Thanks,
Jason

Here is a pic of the car launching from the video. This was taken by the track photographer.

I think the car is lifting pretty straight. This is 1.8 sixty foot

What do you guys think?

I still havnt tracked down my gremlins yet...

I am planning on attending the BPG event in Hebron. Is anyone brave enough to spend a few minutes checking my GN out? If so it will be there.
It will have the GNX wheels on it of course.

Thanks,
Jason

Gotta still be something strange in the powertrain, for such a soft launch! I pull 1.8 60's on the foot brake and real street tires! :eek:

I just found out a few days ago that the torque converter is totally wasted!

When I started pulling the trans, the fluid was very dark and smelled funny,

There is a TON of tiny aluminum particles all through the trans. Valve body is full of it too....so that means the only place it could come from is the conveter.

Next step is to have it taken apart, inspected, cleaned, and install new converter. Which will be the first brand new one in the car so far.

It's a Precision Vig single disk.
This is what my converter says on it.

C04

If that means anything....it would be nice to know exactly what pump and when it was made.

btw...TurboMonte had it all along, he pointed at the converter along with TruboDave and others.

Thanks,
-Jason

I just found out a few days ago that the torque converter is totally wasted!

When I started pulling the trans, the fluid was very dark and smelled funny,

There is a TON of tiny aluminum particles all through the trans. Valve body is full of it too....so that means the only place it could come from is the conveter.

Next step is to have it taken apart, inspected, cleaned, and install new converter. Which will be the first brand new one in the car so far.

It's a Precision Vig single disk.
This is what my converter says on it.

C04

If that means anything....it would be nice to know exactly what pump and when it was made.

btw...TurboMonte had it all along, he pointed at the converter along with TruboDave and others.

Thanks,
-Jason

Its a 0 pump about 3,000 stall 239025

Jason, glad you're making good progress. Too bad about the fried conv'r--but was highly suspect all along. Why don't you call/ e-mail Vigilante & they should decipher your conv'r numbers chop-chop!:cool:

I gotta say I thought a car with a 15psi launch on that turbo and a Tbrake would come out of the hole a hell of a lot harder than that. I am wondering about slippage in that drivetrain...my stock motored car with PT51 on 22 psi will do 85 mph in the 1/8th and hopefully more this next weekend. Hope you figure out the problem, that car has some huge potential...:eek:

edit: I see that you found the problem...awesome :D

I don't think the wasted converter explains the low 02s. I'd suspect a fuel delivery problem. My (fairly new) 340 fuel pump went bad last year and the O2s did very similar things. It took a long time to diagnose because it would launch hard and then nose over. Didn't knock much either.

Jim

I gotta say I thought a car with a 15psi launch on that turbo and a Tbrake would come out of the hole a hell of a lot harder than that. I am wondering about slippage in that drivetrain...my stock motored car with PT51 on 22 psi will do 85 mph in the 1/8th and hopefully more this next weekend. Hope you figure out the problem, that car has some huge potential...:eek:

edit: I see that you found the problem...awesome :D

Yeah bro these cars work off of the converter...if it aint right you aint going anywhere fast. I'm getting my new Precision Vig 5 disk converter (3500 stall) this coming week. I have at the most 3 more test and tunes at the track. I should be able to have it all working in time. We'll see how it runs then.

This cars has never had a brand new converter in it. Or a good working one for that matter. I'm excited to see what it does.

Vortech...your 85mph needs attention, what's the rest of your build?

I don't think the wasted converter explains the low 02s. I'd suspect a fuel delivery problem. My (fairly new) 340 fuel pump went bad last year and the O2s did very similar things. It took a long time to diagnose because it would launch hard and then nose over. Didn't knock much either.

Jim

Yep...same deal here. My Walbro 340 or should I say the "169" pump went bad. had it only 18 months.

See this post: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/228711-fuel-pressure-wont-rise.html

The O2 problem is gone!!! consistantly get 820s-780s on every WOT pull.

With the new converter and the LM1 WB02 I just got....I should be able to do some "real" tuning on the car.:D

BTW...turbodave said that I had multiple problems when looking at my DS file. He was right. I guess the more problems I fix the more easier the rest are to find.

thanks all,
Jason

Back