trans gear reading on scanmaster

1972chevy

i have the scanmaster G, not sure if this is the right forum to post this. i will try in others.
my flags readings are in park
N/P= drive
trans: 3rd
what could be the problem?

Last edited:
yeah its nice, it will show you just about eveything that the powerlogger will as long as its connected to the powerlogger. I counted maybe three things it will not show.

The gear switches are in your coulumn shift . You might have it adjusted wrong .

The gear switches are in your coulumn shift . You might have it adjusted wrong .
its in center console. I was going to talk to the guy that rebuilt my trans, wanted him to change my speedo gear anyway.
Can the one with the center console be adjusted too? I can try before i tell him

the console shift cars still have a linkage that rotates the collar around the column (presuming he hooked it all back up)

the P/N switch is mounted on the column, under the dash.

It really won't affect driveability much, so don't expend too much energy/$ getting it fixed.

Bob

When i got the car i did notice the lever on the steering column, now i know what is for. All the linkage that rotates that collar has been missing. Good thing i did not go complaining to the trans guy. I have a TT 5.7 chip it lets me tune depending on gear, so sense the ECM will think its always in 3rd. Dose that mean my tuning is limited to 3rd only? and have no effect in 1st and 2nd gear tuning?

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)
For now i'll leave it as is but i will start looking for all the linkage that rotates that collar, just for my own personal preference. I do like looking at the readings in the scanmaster its just fun for me, i enjoy it.

I appreciate all the help, all my questions have been answered on this.

Last edited: