You can type here any text you want

transmission slipping

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
When i bought my 87 gn the guy put type F tranny fluid in it, i didn't want to change it because he said it would be ok. (suppose to be hard shifts?) And it was shifting very hard and worked nice until today.

When I take off it sluggishly shifts, i checked fluid level, leaks, checked fluid, etc. I'm not sure if it's something came unhooked or if it's just ready to bomb. Fluid looks pretty red, and dont smell too bad. It just isn't that is used to be a month ago.

Should I have it checked from someone quickly? Or maybe it's something I can fix or check?

I'm not really smart on these 200r4s yet, my old car had a th350 (unbreakable, almost) so i'm not sure how the computer works with these etc.

The computer doesn't do anything with these as far as I know...Type F does make for firmer shifts, I know people that have been running typr F for a long time with no problems...Sounds like it may just be ready to go...Let us know if you find out anything else.

sounds like it's starting to go bad...mine did the same thing until one day i was losing 3rd gear...then 4th gear...then also lost reverse! boom tranny died...not much warning either...used to shift awesome...not no more! how many miles are on your tranny? mine had 95k miles or so bone stock...i was surprised it lasted that long with all the mods i have

btw these trannys aren't computer controlled like new trannys are...the only thing computer controlled is the TCC solenoid lockup switch that plugs into the tranny...

I have a 100k on mine, but the fluid was just changed around 1000 miles ago.

I think it could be something stuck in filter because when I try and check levels they are over the full mark, so something is probially stuck somewhere or something.

I'm going to take it in and have them look at it.

Well if I do have to change the filter should I get a B&M filter or a TCI filer? And the refil with trickshift? I've have good results. Also if the torque convertor is bad and I need to get a new one, what would you recommend? I want to be soft of stock.

You have tried adjusting the TV cable back toward the firewall right?
that is what makes the trans shift soft and firm, my guess is the cable popped out of its holding spot and loosened up, now you have a soft shift-

push the D in and push the cable back toward the firewall, then rotate the throttle linkage to the floored position slowly till the last click has happened- keep in mind you do this with the engine off:D
then push the D back in and push the cable back in 1 CLICK and it should be back to hard shifts again-

the longer you drive it with the loose cable, the more damage you do to your trans-

get a trans cooler and just use a generic trans filter and gasket, and TYPE F fluid- no need for BM'S BS

Actually the TV cable was messed up, got a new one installed and it works like a charm. I'm not sure what happened to the old one, but it's shifting harder and better then when I first got it!

cool, sorry i didnt see this post earlier-

now try that fuel pressure regulator for the thrasher chip:D

Back