TR's in Lubbock

StageII86

I just moved from DFW to Lubbock. I've seen a '87 GN with some big meats out back (295's?), but thats about it. I'm driving my pickup while I'm up here, but I may bring my T up once I get the tranny fixed. How many board members are in the area?

Just curious,
John

I live in Lubbock. I also have my 87 GN for sale. There are about 5 or 6 car here in Lubbock that I know about. However I just moved here in March of this year.

Art Freeman is in Lubbock. His website is http//www.geocities.com/Joyof 6/.

Anytime you're in Amarillo, Look me up.

office 372-3076
home 682-0754

There are a bunch of GN's, TR's , TTA's and a couple of GNX's here.

Larry

Awesome guys, Thanks for the replies. My TR's will be staying in DFW for a few more months as I don't currently have good storage for them up here. Plus, I go to Dallas almost every weekend to tinker with them there at my folk's house. I'll hopefully bring my white T out ~beginning of next year when I get a better place. Only thing is that the roads are AWFUL in Lubbock (they beat the heck out of my truck, no tellin what they'd do to a Regal)!

See y'all around

John

I would agree with you on the road part! But as far as how a Turbo car would handle the roads. Sorry couldn't tell you. My car just sits in the garage :D

You need to bring the car to town then I could about 3 other Buick guys to go to the Sonic cruise one night!

I'm in lubbock, Yeah that GN with the meats is Art's he is a cool guy. I'm usually around campus (live close) there are a few TR's here in town, I'm not sure how many are on this board. The only time i get to tinker with my car is when i go home to houston, only 2-3 times a year. So mosty i just try to keep it clean(extremely hard to do in lubbock). If you bring your TR's down let me know ... Sometimes i get the urge to just work on a car IN A GARAGE, so if you need any help or an extra set of hands....

Bring it out and put a spankin' on my buddy there from SA, drives a yellow stang convertible with a small shot of hose :)

TurboTR

John, have we met, maybe at one of the Lone Star Club races in Ennis or San Antonio? My street car has 295's on the back, perhaps this is the car you saw. I cratered the block about 6 weeks ago and won't get to a rebuild until later this Fall. After a few recent changes, I'm planning on testing my other GN at Idalou the Saturday after next... making sure it's right for the 10/26 Buick/Ford race in Oklahoma. Maybe you'll be around...

Are you bringing your Stage car to Lubbock in the future? That'd be cool. A nice thing about this part of the state is the easy access to several 1/4-mile tracks and they are usually not very crowded. Of course, the altitude shaves at least a couple tenths off your ET unless you can crank the boost to compensate.

Get in touch if you'd like...

BTW, Larry and EyeTalk are super people. There are others I know well, but they sold their cars. Overall, TRs are rare around here, but it looks like if all of them came out, it'd make an impact.

Art

daily driver GN, 11.02 @ 124.
street-legal spolied brat GN, 9.50 @ 143.

Awesome, guys.

Art,
I'm not sure if i've met you or not. I seldom go to any LSPBC events around here except for the Chucks car show in Plano occasionally. I doubt I will ever bring my race car up as wouldn't have anywhere to store it or work on it. I guess the only way I really could was if I were to find a deal on a decent-sized enclosed trailer, and people treat those like gold these days. Is Idalou a decent-hooking track? I've yet to go. Each time I drive through Idalou i never see any signs or anything for it, so I don't even know exactly where it is. If you're taking your car out, definately let me know, I'd like to see your set up as I still have plenty of bugs to work out in mine.

EyeTalk,
I'll e-mail you when I get back in on sunday night, maybe we can meet up on campus sometime. I appreciate your offer for help and if/when i bring my car (s) up, I'll probably take you up on it. I'm the same way! At school during the week I spaz out wanting to mess with cars but not being able to!

TurboTR,

Is a new body style stang w/ pipes? Mighta seen it. There's a TON of Stangs in Lubbock. I gottal get a tranny (and a few other things), then we'll see...:)

John

I will probably be going to Lubbock to visit John and i have a Silver T that should be finished within 2 weeks that i can bring out and teach any juiced stang a lesson if oyu want, otherwise i will ride out there in the comfort of my friends Lexus.

Originally posted by StageII86
Awesome, guys.

Art,
I'm not sure if i've met you or not. I seldom go to any LSPBC events around here except for the Chucks car show in Plano occasionally. I doubt I will ever bring my race car up as wouldn't have anywhere to store it or work on it. I guess the only way I really could was if I were to find a deal on a decent-sized enclosed trailer, and people treat those like gold these days. Is Idalou a decent-hooking track? I've yet to go. Each time I drive through Idalou i never see any signs or anything for it, so I don't even know exactly where it is. If you're taking your car out, definately let me know, I'd like to see your set up as I still have plenty of bugs to work out in mine.

There's a TON of Stangs in Lubbock. I gottal get a tranny (and a few other things), then we'll see...:)

John

I probably never ran into you then. The NHRA track is set back east off of FM400, three miles south of Idalou Highway (62/82). www.raceidalou.com There are no signs anywhere for the track, you just have to keep your eyes peeled to make a left, or watch where other cars are going, or look for the light towers, etc. The track hooks well on points race days, generally fair for test and tunes, not so good I hear on True Street days. I'll let you know about Saturady night, I'm going if the weather's good.

There's a new track ~30 miles southwest of town between Levelland and Brownfield. www.dolacamotorplex.com The jury's still out on this one, but the owner has big plans for the facility; it could either sink or become a premier place. Then, within a 200-mile radius, there're another FIVE 1/4-mile tracks.

The yellow Mustang convertible TurboTR referred to is pretty distinctive; has some graphics on the rear window I believe. You may want to check out www.lubbockracing.com, that's where he (Yellow93) and a lot of thestreet racers talk.

Art

Edit 10/5: I decided I'd rather not deal with the street kids tonight at Idalou, so Dolaca on 10/11 is the plan.