You can type here any text you want

Tsm 86gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What went wrong with the T/A heads that needed a repair.thanks

They were some of the first castings TA produced. They were blem's when we bought them. The blem was that the waterjacket core had shifted upwards in the castings. We raised the roof of the intake port and filled the floor, so no risk of breaking into a waterjacket. But after 5yrs of beating on them a small crack around the upper outside bolt hole radius appered. I had it repaired a couple seasons ago but it showed up again this year. I attempted to have it repaired again but decided to just replace them. After talking to Mike at TA we determined that with the core shift made had made the casting thinner in that area. Mike also made me a deal on the new castings.

Parting out

I hurt the motor last night at a test and tune.:frown: Number 6 cylinder went lean and melted the top of the piston. I'm not putting any more money into it. I've decided to part out the motor and sell the roller. I may still sell the complete car if the price is right. Look for another post here on the roller and as soon as I get a list together in the parts for sale, on the rest. You can reach me at 740-808-5570.

Back