You can type here any text you want

Tsm 86gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What kind of head gaskets do you run and what kind of trick do you have to keep the heads from lifting with that much boost

Cometics

What kind of head gaskets do you run and what kind of trick do you have to keep the heads from lifting with that much boost

I use cometic head gaskets .041" thickness and 3.860" bore. If the tune is not right you will blow any gasket if it detonates, even at lower boost.

The motor is all freshened up and I dropped it in this morning. It is all hooked up and I fired it up and it is running. Later this week I will go thru the transmission. I should have it installed and burning rubber by next weekend.

phil mixing hard block to the correct amount of water how much bud do i use on this little v/6 thanks.

Would adding a oil cooler to the car make it street friendly enough for some street miles on a Saturday night? I have never had an engine with hardblock added so I am unsure of what the effects will be. Is the block completely hardblocked or part way? I am not looking for a daily driver or anything close just a Saturday night car that could cover 20 or 30 miles around town. Thanks

Unbelieveable--all the runs never once showed clocks at the end-ridiculous-why post?

I didn't post those vids. I don't even know how to post a vid. I'm lucky to get pics posted. I see your from Ohio, if you doubt the performance of my car name a local track and I'll haul there and you can see for yourself.

Would adding a oil cooler to the car make it street friendly enough for some street miles on a Saturday night? I have never had an engine with hardblock added so I am unsure of what the effects will be. Is the block completely hardblocked or part way? I am not looking for a daily driver or anything close just a Saturday night car that could cover 20 or 30 miles around town. Thanks

It is filled to about 1/2" from the deck. I would think with a good oil cooler you would see oil temps similiar to one without blockhard. There are some local dirt track guys use a similiar setup on small block chevy claimer stuf.

But to answer your first question yes, I have put some street miles on it. It does heat the oil up. I don't have an oil temp gauge so I don't know how much but I do see a drop in oil pressure from normal.
For question #2, I would think the more of the cylinder that is supported the better.

Thanks Phil to the guy about Phils GN you take it to the bank that the Phils GN will run the no.he says ive seen the gn progress every year in ET. AND MPH THIS is 1 bad ass ride the car is worth way more then he is asking.I would say 30,000 to build it easy.Ask chit talker here on the board he took the vid at edgewater drag strip 9.20,s back to back.

Still 4 Sale

I had some issues with the repair on the one head so instead of tring another repair I bought 2 new castings. I'm waiting for them to ship and they will need to be ported.
For those that showed interest, I hope to have them done in time to take the car to Norwalk.

running again

The new heads are ported and installed and it's up and running again. I had planned to go to the track last sunday but it got rained out. Plans are to go to Dragway 42 this sunday.
With the new heads I had to add some fuel in the low and mid range rpm but it stayed about the same up top. We'll see if it goes any faster sunday.

Phil nice to here its back and running bud im working on limited abit this week hope to be ready for bowling green.

head repair

I had some issues with the repair on the one head so instead of tring another repair I bought 2 new castings. I'm waiting for them to ship and they will need to be ported.
For those that showed interest, I hope to have them done in time to take the car to Norwalk.

What went wrong with the T/A heads that needed a repair.thanks

Back