You can type here any text you want

TT chip changes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

Ok, It turns out I got a TT chip for 91 octane for the 36# injectors and stock everything else. The engine runs great and spools up good and all and almost smooth(Thanks Eric). It used to be that we could only get 91 octane gas here in W. Texas. Went to refuel at the usual gas station(about 15 mi away) and it turns out they now carry 95 octane.:rolleyes: My question is if could change timing around to get better performance to take advantage of the higher octane. I have one of those user programmable chip. If so, how much and which way do I go with the timing?? Still somewhat iggy on the subject. Any help is appreciated. Thanx Jr:)

Yes you could most likely run 21*/19* on timing and around 18-19psi boost with 95 octane (maybe even more boost). When you start inceasing boost, you may have to add some WOT fuel to keep the O2's in check.

Eric

Ok so I got around to mess with timing on the TT chip. 0 knock degrees! woo-hoo! Only one tiny detail, though. The TT chip is programmed for max boost of 16psi. but it won't go over 10-11psi:frown: Checked the hoses and stuff and it looks good. Weird thing though, with the no-name chip, it goes 14-16psi. Is there something else I need to do to get 14-15psi with the TT chip?:confused: It runs noticeable better with the TT chip and I would like to keep it in there for good. The no-name chip gives a rougher idle and sometimes the engine will die when coming up to a light. This doesn't happen with the TT chip.:cool: Any ideas? I want more boost!

Back