TT SD Chip

I see it, battery volts went to zero. Did the car hiccup, or was it just in the log?
Also I hope you have the alky off right now, becuase if your using alky I would tune the car to 10.8 a/f at high boost, not 11.5.

Not really sure what the hiccup was all about. Was like the car ignition was momentarily shut off then turned back on. Still trying to figure out where or what could have caused that. The Alky is turned off while I try and get the SD chip tuned.

I had the same thing happen, in my log, my eprom adapter for my emulator was loose, but i got a bad eprom error. Your "should" be able to run a solid 18 psi without knock even before using alky, if you have 94 fuel in it. You will mostly see knock after the 2-3 shift. Creep up on the boost slowly and re-log in 2 lb increments

Made a few minor changes and ran another log. Same problem happened again only this time it reset the ECM and TT settings to the default. Pulled off the road and reprogrammed the current settings and logged this run. Really scratching my head as to what could be causing the glitch!

Attachments

• 4-20-10.zip
    140.3 KB · Views: 43
I would check to make sure the powerlogger isn't coming loose or moving around. Sometimes its better to break off the entire end panel of the ECM to make sure the powerlogger is not contacting the ECM case anywhere.
The other possbility is a short or bad ground somewhere. Check out your battery cables.

Maybe try another ecu all i can suggest for your hic-cup check battery cables, grounds etc. No boost on that run, but it is still fat on the cruise and mid boost, idle fuel could be brought up a bit seems to be addling a lot on idle. Keep pulling a few numbers out, and re-test.

I have hot melt glued my power logger in, its not pretty but I don;t intend to pull it out ever. I have suggested to Bob to put some foam or two way tape at the back of the mini din and usb connectors to keep it still, because it does wobble around pretty easy.

Checked a few things and reseated the powerlogger. Weather finally cleared enough to allow me to get out and log more driving time.

Attachments

• 4-24-10.zip
    386.1 KB · Views: 73
Looking good so far to me, your making good progress. However I do see that it could use a bit of reduction of highway fuel reduce to 116 and still take a bit out of the wide band cruising fuel take knock it down to 117 and do a log. Seems to need a some added fuel on acceleration try increasing the spool fuel parameter 11 to 133. We need to start creeping up on the boost slowly. The WOT fuel above 15 psi is still unknown. How does the car pull?

If you find you are having to reduce fuel on many of the adjustments, then you might try reducing overall fuel (#7) say 5%, and go from there.

Made a few changes and was able to get another log recorded. Strange thing happend several times...same strange hiccup and it can be seen several times on the log. Pulled into the driveway and noticed the service engine box was checked. Tapped on the dash and the service engine light is now on and showing a code 42. Module, coil were just replaced, now this crap again!!!

Attachments

• 4-26-10.zip
    334 KB · Views: 79
I see the hiccup and the ecu is showing 0 volts battery during the fault. 1st thing is try another ecm, if it happens again check all your battery cables fusible links, etc at the starter. Tune is starting to look better other than the hiccups.

Made a few changes and was able to get another log recorded. Strange thing happend several times...same strange hiccup and it can be seen several times on the log. Pulled into the driveway and noticed the service engine box was checked. Tapped on the dash and the service engine light is now on and showing a code 42. Module, coil were just replaced, now this crap again!!!

This chart that I attached may help you keep track of your settings(it did for me).
My parameters reset on me also, per Eric instructions I reseated the powerlogger board on the ecm, but while I was there I rewiped the ecm board with goof off a few times. Then reseated the PL board about 10 times or so, trying to make sure all the contact could "dig in" for a good contact. That cleared up all problems with the chip resetting to the default settings.
Check the red wire comming off the battery that goes to the ecm about 6-8" from the battery there is a black something, at the edge of that black dohicky, my wire broke internally, so it was not visible... I would take a look there also for your interupted power problem. Using a $3 voltmeter from harbor freight I found my broken wire.
Also check each contact on the ecm wirirng harness, I had one wire migrate off the connector in the past too. Plus of course do all the things the others have mentioned, I have gone over here for my TT SD chip help, http://www.turbotweak.com/forum/

Chuck

Attachments

• Turbo Tweak SD Log Chart Defaults.pdf
    142.5 KB · Views: 89
Nothing yet...between the rain and snow I haven't been able to get the car out and log some runs. Hoping for better weather later this week!!!!!