TT SD Chip

Rare91

Any other SD users on the board willing to look at my PL files and give me some input? Really struggling with this setup and looking for help to try and figure this thing out.
Have tried to attach the .dat file but cannot for some reason.

Your A/F is all over the place. What wideband are you running. I had something similar happen to an LC-1. The LC-1 controller box was sitting to close to spark plug wire. The electrical interference cause the wideband to go bonkers, I temporarily wrapped the LC-1 controller with alumunum foil and it took away the strange behavior. Later a moved it to another location.

Hope this helps.

LC-1 wideband. It is mounted behind the glove box. I will try a shielding experiment to determine if it is picking up some type of noise.

I am at a loss with this log, something is not right I agree with esinger

Well I tried esinger's suggestion and wrapped the LC-1 in foil. No changes noted on the run recorded tonight...still tracking all over the place.
Car will idle great...as soon as I drive the thing it starts sputtering and backfiring. New plugs (gapped at .028), wires, coil and module are new as well.
Wish there was a tuner close to me.....LMAO!

Well, I guess the foil trick was worth a shot. Did you ground the LC-1 good? The instructions suggest from the engine block for the best ground.

Do you have a non-SD chip that you can put in the car? You can log against another chip and see how it behaves.

Get the file to Eric, he's the best.

You can run the SD without WB just to see if that is really the problem. Turn the boost down to under 15 to be safe.

Well much to my embarrassment I think I found the problem with the popping and sputtering. Pulled the module/coil assembly back off and discovered a module wire pinched between the mating surfaces. Replaced the module with my old unit and the sputtering and popping has mysteriously disappeared. Was able to log another short run before the rain came. Somebody wanna look at it and make any recommendations? Thanks.

Attachments

• 4-16-10.zip
    158.5 KB · Views: 61
yes the blms are at 115 under boost and its pig rich. Also the idle seems a bit fat. You still have huge swings all over the place, but start pulling fuel where you see the blms a 115 is all i can suggest off hand. You should idle around 12.5 ~ in gear or leaner until it start surging.

Drove about 10 miles to fill up with fresh 93....made a few changes and seems to be making a difference. O2 are still falling around 50 MPH.

Attachments

• 4-18-10.zip
    225.9 KB · Views: 88
Jeff, something has happened to parameter 8 (highway fuel). Somehow it's at 241, not sure how that's possible, but you'll have to bring that back down. I would try around 120.

Blm;s are still too low 120's as soon as the mid boost fuel is coming on. I would reduce parameter 5 to 115 and redo the test, and fix what Eric said 1st of course. Or reduce the overall fuel parameter 7 to 120 first and see any changes. I just saw I needed to add some lines to the ini file on the power logger for the sd chip did you do this to your powerlogger? Then you can monitor the correction at light throttle, but i see it pulling 10% on light throttle and adding 5-7% on decel. I would reduce parameter 6 a few numbers too (121) and see if it changes anything on the correction.

Made a couple of changes and logged another drive.

Attachments

• 4-19-10.zip
    175.7 KB · Views: 100
Still pig rich under boost blms are still bottomed at 120, seems to be better part throttle, I see it running near mid 14's. You need to get that boost fuel down and get the a/f out of the 10s before you oil turns to gas. I would bring cell 5 down to even 110 to try.

Norbs,
Made a change to parameter #5 and ran another log. Let me know what you think?

Have a look at frame 455.632....very weird and not sure what caused that hiccup!!

Attachments

• 4-19-10.2.zip
    364.6 KB · Views: 62
Looks like its getting better, but its still pulling a bit of fuel for normal cruising (-10%)lower the parameter 6 by 6 numbers. The mid boost fuel is getting better but the you are still not at your target of 12.2 a/f @13 psi your hovering around mid low 11s. I would bring cell 5 to 110 and retest. Does the car drive any better? I see your blms at 115 but, now I think of it that is just telling you what cell your using on the grid, I don;t think it has to do with correction on this particular chip, I am used to the wideband chip ,so my mistake. Maybe Eric can verify this that the blms on this chip just mean the cell number?

Car definately feels much better and stronger. I edited my last post after you responded. Look at frame 455.632....can't explain it and was very weird.