TTA # 844 How weird is this

Turbo RX-6

Rotary Motors Suck
Here is # 844 destroyed last week when a 73 year old woman pulled out in front of my son. Weird that is was around the same time as the other TTA wreck, but was also in Nevada (Vegas) and the car was also worked on by Len Freeman. This car was John Gallinas old TTA.

Attachments

• TA Wreck small.JPG
    TA Wreck small.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 366
  • TA Wreck 2 Small.JPG
    TA Wreck 2 Small.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 345
Man hope he is ok. Did you take the emblems off or were they stolen? Hope he is ok.

Jason

damm that sucks BUT your son walked away ... off topic.. is that hood scoop on the Mazda functional ?? :confused:

Son was ok. Girlfriend was with him shes ok, Emblem on fender came off in crash, we removed the others so they don't disappear. Don't think the car is repairable, don't know yet.

As far as the hood scoop, the RX-7 is a hybrid and I installed the scoop to get a little extra clearance for the throttle body, I have since moved the rack and pinion forward so the motor sits lower. I have a turbo hood it it just needs to be painted as it is black.

Another strange thing I was just thinking about.. 2 TTA's were destroyed a week apart in the Philadelphia area last year around this time. One was T boned and bent in half and the other caught fire from a fuel rail leak! :eek: Soon there will be only 547 left and then we can sell them for 100K each! :D

Hopefully you get your money from the ins co. I had a Iroc that was wacked somewhat like your TTA and the car was only a few years old and they totalled that. Let them total it, buy it back and part it out and you should do good in the end!

Turbo RX-6 said:
As far as the hood scoop, the RX-7 is a hybrid and I installed the scoop to get a little extra clearance for the throttle body, I have since moved the rack and pinion forward so the motor sits lower. I have a turbo hood it it just needs to be painted as it is black.

I have the same scoop I was goin to put on (tryin to get some heat from the eng compartment) .. is yours a bolt on ?? mine isn't but I was thinking of glassin in some :cool:

Damn sounds like the TTA's are dropping like flies :eek: Glad to here you son and his girlfriend are ok. Looks like it took one hell of a hit.

Dropping like fies... does mechanical failure count? (at least that can get fixed..) If I'm not driving my wife's toy, I'm cruising mine to work. 2.5 miles, only as fast as thirty-five, so I'm not too worried.

Any rough idea how many of our cars are stil left in driveable condition? 900, 500, 1200...?

pvt num 11 said:
Dropping like fies... does mechanical failure count? (at least that can get fixed..) If I'm not driving my wife's toy, I'm cruising mine to work. 2.5 miles, only as fast as thirty-five, so I'm not too worried.

Any rough idea how many of our cars are stil left in driveable condition? 900, 500, 1200...?
they say most accidesnt happen within 5 miles from home :rolleyes:

pvt num 11 said:

Around 800 left. There is NO way there is much more then that around.

Turbo RX-6 said:
Here is # 844 destroyed last week when a 73 year old woman pulled out in front of my son. Weird that is was around the same time as the other TTA wreck, but was also in Nevada (Vegas) and the car was also worked on by Len Freeman. This car was John Gallinas old TTA.

Glad he is ok. I actually met your son a couple weeks ago with my friend that just wrecked his TTA.

2 cars in one week??? God dammit thats not cool, AT LEAST NOBODY WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED in both accidents.

Crazy!

BW

Len, this is Monte it was my car I bought from John G. Grumpy scoop is on with double side adhesive, also vents hot air out the rear.