You can type here any text you want

TTA fuel pump question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

I'm in the middle of installing a bunch of new parts including a new turbo (GT6776e). I have the turbo, new Motron 60# inj., and billet AFPR installed. I have a new Alcohol chip from Eric Marshal for my mods (turbo, inj, Alky kit, etc.). I had planned on taking my car on a short trip for the weekend (OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin') but I'm not sure if I can have the fuel pump & hotwire kit installed in time...maybe not even the Alky kit. I need the chip to run the 60# injectors...would it be safe to run the car with the stock FP and possibly without alcohol with the boost set on the low side?

Thanks,
Scott

What knowbody knows the answer :confused:

Just want to know if I can safely run the car with the stock TTA fuel pump for a while until I can get the Walbro fuel pump and hot wire kit installed using the TurboTweak chip for my mods and not have them all mods installed (walbro & alky) ?

Thanks,
Scott

I dont see a problem unless your pump is bad.

Racing and driving are two different spectrums. You dont need a lot of fuel to drive a car. Race it.. you bet.

Don't see why not. Car will be pig rich at WOT with low boost setting, but you're NOT going to run it WOT!!?? Right!!?? :biggrin: Should baby around just fine....

No not racing anytime soon...how about a little spirited street driving ? If I take it to OC for the Spring Cuisin' Ocean City Special Event Productions next weekend it will be stop light to stop light driving and not much over 40-50 mph at the most...just maybe a little burst every now and then but most driving will be creeping along 15-30 mph. The trip there is 150 miles from home...all highway driving 55-65 mph...easy cruising. Good news is there will be a whole mess of MD, PA, NJ turbo Buick guys going so if somthing becomes a problem I should hve some help.

My stock pump is fine...Eric's chip instructions say to set the fuel pressure at 43 psi to start...ok to do with the stock pump ? I may be able to get Razor's kit installed this weekend as well but that is about a 50/50 chance.

Also since the turbo has a hi-boost actuator will I be able to set the boost down to ~17 psi or so with the rod and stock boost controller or will I need to install my Q-Boost manual controller to do so?

Thanks,
Scott

What kind of timing do you have your chip set at? If it is already set for the Alky won't that timing be advanced way to far for spirited driving? I'd hate to see you with detenation issues. Do you have a direct scan or something to adjust the chip? If you pull some timing out before your weekend and then add the timing back in after you install the alky that should work, right?

Be careful. Tearing down a longblock and spending money for new parts sucks.

What kind of timing do you have your chip set at? If it is already set for the Alky won't that timing be advanced way to far for spirited driving? I'd hate to see you with detenation issues. Do you have a direct scan or something to adjust the chip? If you pull some timing out before your weekend and then add the timing back in after you install the alky that should work, right?

Be careful. Tearing down a longblock and spending money for new parts sucks.

I doubt that I will be taking it to OC...150 mile trip each way with no miles on the mods would probably be a mistake.

"pacecarta" on TBS.com sugested this tune until I get the FP and alky installed...

"keep the boost #17 or less with 93 octane and drop timing to 19* 1-2 /17* 3-4 with hd wastgegate set arm length to minimum pull to puck arm (1/16th inch) , connect hose direct from turbo compressor to the wastegate actuator , leave qboost off for now till alky is in if its below 17lbs you can add a little by turning arm in (shorter ) but be carefull watch the o2s and knock you shouldnt have to add fuel if only running 17lbs but i would add 15% WOT fuel anyway and if its too rich you can drop it back , better to be a little rich and then tune it to lean."

-Scott

Back