Tubular A-arms

6APPEAL

I know that several companies make tubular upper A-arms. I also looking for a set of tubular lower control arms. Does anyone know of a company that sells them? I tried looking through the stock car sites and dirt track cars sites but cannot find a definite answer.
TIA
John

The word is that the TRZ components are for straight line action primarily. My experience is that no one makes them because in the grand scheme of front suspension geometry, the LCA's play a small role. I've talked with Hoerr Racing, SCP, Coleman, Howe, Pole Position and all can build for $$$. I haven't been able to track down any "street-stock" guys to tap into their knowledge. Keep me posted if your successful.

I agree that the TRZ stuff seems to be made for straight line only. After talking with them I do not think the arms would hold up to highway driving or potholes. I have looked at the S-10 truck stuff, but every one I've seen is made to lower the suspension by making a deeper pocket from the spring to sit in. The ones I have found that are for stock ride height are set up for air bags or coil-overs, meaning there is no spring pocket. I know I've seen an add in some roundy-round racing (stock car, dirt track) mag somewhere. I know that the G body cars are popular at the dirt track around here. But I do not know anyone who races dirt track.

Yeah, those arms are definetly to weak for street or track . I think they are basically a F-body arm adapted for the G-body. One thing I was thinking is that maybe a plate could be welded on to it to add some stiffness but then you would have something heavier than the stockers. I follow what dirt track guys are doing and somewhere I read that you might be able to use lower arms from a Nova on the metric frame. I dont know what years(68-74 or 75-79) but I think the purpose is to extend the track of the front end out and to maybe add a little caster in. Nova arms are the same as Camaro and it looks like there are plenty of street rod applications to choose from.

Eric Fisher

Try John Hotchkis. I do not have his addy or e-mail addy handy but I know that he is located in Santa Fe Springs, Ca.
I can get his addy if necessary
Try Hotchkis Suspension Products in search mode
I know he has some GN/T-TYPE/GNX suspension products for all of our cars.

Global West will offer a G-body LCA set by Jan 04. UB Machine is willing and able to fab up a set given dwg's or dimensions. Any clues where the dimensions can be located on the web??