Turbo blankets, what's everyones take?

driven87

Curious on everyones take on turbo blankets? Help in spoolup? Underhood temps down? What one does everyone like? Any power gain? Let's hear it.

I would use one, I believe most don't only because they like sheilds better(hardware) instead of WRAP type.

DEI/thermo tech has a universal kit for 30$ish at summit/jegs. I think autozone, auto parts have them as well but at 50-60$.

I use one, and it does help keep the temperature down under the hood.
I am running a big turbo and the exhaust housing was almost touching the hood which is why i choose to run one.

Wonder if you could run one under the shield? Someone do that and get back to me :biggrin:

I use one, and it does help keep the temperature down under the hood.
I am running a big turbo and the exhaust housing was almost touching the hood which is why i choose to run one.
I just bought one, in Edmonton. Doesn’t fit because of the internal wastegate. Have to mod it if I decide to keep it. The 84 turbo is in a tight spot and the factory heat shield sucks.
06E0720E-9CD2-42A6-A19F-D97058752812.jpeg

I have had acouple of them and I somehow got oil on them which made them smoke pretty badly. But before I got it soaked with oil it definitely helped keep the under hood temps down .