Turbo Buick Market

The market is down because the amount of people with disposable money has declined and that reflects where we are in the economy. The common TB enthusiast can not afford what we were paying 10 years ago.

Just caught this thread many of you readers know that we sold just over 300 of the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals plus 8 real GNXs and charted each one and the prices they brought. Really not bought anything to speak of in the last 3-4 years (burned out travelling to get them). Original examples and ones with original paint will always attract more potential buyers and better prices. Its that way with any car of value. The better the paper trail records etc increase the value as well.

Non smoke garage kept all key features. Tasteful mods don't hurt the value . Example GNX style wheels are a plus over 15 inch ugly T wheels or poorly chrome 30lb GN wheels. (My opinion). Bilstein shocks over stock shocks don't hurt the value unless the buyer is seeking a 100% stone stock car with 1987 air in the 25 year old hard a brick Goodyear GT tires.

Point is, you buy to enjoy it keep the upgrades or mods to tasteful ones that make sense. Not many owners today are cutting the inner fender, or drilling holes in the dash trim plate like they did years ago.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I bought some modified ones but mods were tasteful and ones that most owners would make anyhow. Its some of the oddball combinations that are a tough sell. Example I had one burgundy limited T-Tops with half padded roof. One of the toughest cars I had to sell. All stock but just lacked any appeal. I am sure it was rare but lacked any major interest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com