You can type here any text you want

turbo lag

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimmy tuna

Hi everbody new to the site just picked up a gn trew a trade the other day the car got a 72mm precision turbo with big front mount precision intercooler 3" inch exhaust have the build sheet at home what I remember its got steal crank forged piston ported polished heads ported intake 70mm trottle body I believe cam was 218 218 adjustable feul regulator scan master car cruises nice problem is take a long time to boost a lil to long its got 60# injectors not shure what chip im thinking the trubo and intercooler are to big o and tial wastage not shure of size and spring it has I seen the gaugge go to 20 psi what do u guys think any help.would be appreciated

Hi everbody new to the site just picked up a gn trew a trade the other day the car got a 72mm precision turbo with big front mount precision intercooler 3" inch exhaust have the build sheet at home what I remember its got steal crank forged piston ported polished heads ported intake 70mm trottle body I believe cam was 218 218 adjustable feul regulator scan master car cruises nice problem is take a long time to boost a lil to long its got 60# injectors not shure what chip im thinking the trubo and intercooler are to big o and tial wastage not shure of size and spring it has I seen the gaugge go to 20 psi what do u guys think any help.would be appreciated
What kind of torque converter do you have?

20# of boost, do you have alky or are you running good fuel? And like psid6 asked, converter.

could be lots of things, but it would be a good idea to get an experienced pair of eyes to look it over. If you get detonation (spark knock) you will break the engine.

what end of the country are you in?

Bob

o_O

Sounds like you bought a car built for the track not so much the street.

Its got a mixture of 100 and 91 in it right now its got the knock gaugehas moved into the green lights

could be lots of things, but it would be a good idea to get an experienced pair of eyes to look it over. If you get detonation (spark knock) you will break the engine.

what end of the country are you in?

Bob
Cali

Screenshot_2016-03-08-16-11-13.png

What do u guys recommend. I should look into on this motor take make shure its soild I am mechanicly inclined just dont no shit about these motors little stuff checked out good like oil and coolant havent compression checked it yet plugslooked good Is 20# to much it has the contrler should I turn it down

If it runs good I wouldn't be concerned. Maybe look into some upgrades like an alky kit and computer chip. I would turn the boost down to around 15-16# until you get familiar with how it all works. At least you admit you don't know shit about the ride because a lot of people buy these cars and fuck em up then ask why! Lol. I did it myself:D
Look in the southwest section for help or go visit turbolou when he's available. There's a get together next month too. You can get a lot of info from the guys.

Ok cool thanks defiantly turn that boost down the car came with a box of goodies In the trunk there was a new pcv value and grommet in it I thaught cool so riped the old one out thinking im just gunna pop the new grommet in boy was that a pita

Last edited:
South bay la

Just my opinion, you should take your car to Lake Forrest and have "Papa" Lou go over the car with you as he has been around turbo Buicks before most of the members here were born!

He may forget his way home sometimes, but he remembers and knows more about turbo Buicks than most anyone.

Best to call him first to determine if he is having one of his good days, if he answers the phone, it is a good day -939-378-1590! :)

Ok cool thanks defiantly turn that boost down the car came with a box of goodies In the trunk there was a new pcv value and grommet in it I thaught cool so riped the old one out thinking im just gunna pop the new grommet in boy was that a pita
The new grommets that the parts stores sell are not made correctly. Kirbanperformance sells the correct one.

problem is take a long time to boost a lil to long its got 60# injectors not shure what chip im thinking the trubo and intercooler are to big
it could be that he took a bunch of timing out when he sold you the car,obviously dropped the boost to 20 psi.a 72mm turbo even with a 3800 stall is still going to have a lot of lag for the street on 9 out of 10 combos

Back