Turbo Tweak Chip... need some help..

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
tried changing some parimeters for the first time today and was unable..

followed instructions with full throttle and release 3 times, holding third time... doesnt change the LV8 at all....

Wondering why this could be?

Only thing we can think of is I dont have my Nuetral Safety switch hooked up....

Which version chip do you have?

If it's 5.6, make sure the WOT TPS voltage is not too much over 4.8v.

Eric

I have no idea, I just ordered the chip 2 weeks ago and I just popped it in 4 days ago... so I guess its the latest version.

I dont think it was over 4.8v, but I will double check.

Anything else that would cause this that I can try? The car isnt at my house so whatever you tell me to try means a 25 min drive just to try it.

Nuetral saftey matter? How about speed sense ? This is a 87GN motor in a Monte Carlo, so I couldnt hook up that speed sense wire.

Ok, you have 5.6.

There is nothing else that is involved with the adjustment procedure, only the TPS sensor. The idle and WOT TPS need to be set right and the sequence needs to be done in under 3 seconds for it to work right.

On another note, if you have no MPH input, your chip will need to be changed, so don't get into boost much until that gets straightened out. The timing will be too high and the fuel too lean if the MPH always reads zero.

edit: Also, without a P/N switch the chip needs to be modified or you may have stalling issues.

Regards,
Eric

Ok, you have 5.6.

There is nothing else that is involved with the adjustment procedure, only the TPS sensor. The idle and WOT TPS need to be set right and the sequence needs to be done in under 3 seconds for it to work right.

On another note, if you have no MPH input, your chip will need to be changed, so don't get into boost much until that gets straightened out. The timing will be too high and the fuel too lean if the MPH always reads zero.

edit: Also, without a P/N switch the chip needs to be modified or you may have stalling issues.

Regards,
Eric

Okay, how will I hookup the speed sense in a monte carlo then??? My speedo is manual... just a cable going to the trans.

And I will hookup the nuetral saftey switch so I dont have that problem.
I was kind of gonna ask you why after I get on it a little bit and let off it wants to die. I have not done WOT on this car yet, but gave it about 3/4 or so.

Eric's chips made for use without those inputs work great. My car has no speedo or park/nss switch.
The special chip he made for me works great. (See ET in sig below) :D

Thank you Yullose, I appreciate that, its good to know and I know I wont be moving that fast anytime soon!

The TT chips work great...Parameter adjustments are very simple. When you get your car straight, you will see just how easy it is.

TT... I really need your help!

Turbo Tweak...

Okay... we had an email back over a month and a half ago and you sent me to caspers electronics to get a VSS sender and translator box so that I could have VSS on my car.

Well, I have been screwing around with that POS for almost two months now and have replaced each thing twice, still never getting it to work.
Spoke with caspers and they have no idea why. Its all wired correctly, but I was only able to get my scanmaster to read 6-7MPH ONCE and that was it.

With that being said, I am DONE trying to get this damn VSS working. Please give me instructions on what I have to do to get a chip burned WITHOUT the VSS and nuetral safety hooked up. I built this car and have had it running for months now and have not once been able to put the pedal to the floor and see what it can do. I am really really sick of that.

Please help.

Thank you very much Eric! You still have all my car info?
Also, about how long before I can expect it? (just so I know)

Gary, your more than welcome to try the ecm I have. I never heard back from you. If the car drives, stop by today I'm home or give me a call.

Eric,

Not to be a pain in the @ss or rush you or anything...

but can you tell me when I might expect it, or send tracking info?

I am really really dying to try out this car.. I have had it together for months and have not been able to get on it, even once!

I also want it ready for this coming weekend if at all possible.

Just let me know.

Thanks.

Gary, your more than welcome to try the ecm I have. I never heard back from you. If the car drives, stop by today I'm home or give me a call.

Rick, I know you would let me.. and I did try calling you that night, maybe I did talk to you... just to let you know I couldnt come over that night.

Anyway... I am so sick of that stupid caspers product, its garbage. I returned it and they are issuing a refund. I am having Eric here change the chip so I dont need it, and for my converter I spoke to Jimmy and he is hooking me up with something else.

Like they say, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Besides, as mentioned above, he has a 10 second car with a chip without that criteria, so I am sure this will be more than fine for my stocker.

Thanks anyway.

Eric,

Just got my chip, thank you VERY much for getting it to me so quickly!

You saved my @ss! Now I can take her out this weekend as hoped!

Okay Eric, I need your help again.

Got your new chip in with the MPH requirement gone as well as the nuetral saftety switch.

Right now I am only running 10-11lbs of boost and I put the pedal to the floor just to see where I am at in 3rd gear.

My O2s are 750-780 ish and sometimes I get less than 1 degree of knock.
I bumped my WOT overall up from 128 to like 139 and its still seems to be about the same.

I am getting 42psi fuel pressure no vacuum line attached, and I borrowed a buddies fuel pressure gauge and did a pass and its increasing with each pound of boost and maintaining.

I am afraid to bump the boost up to 16-17lbs if I am running a little lean at 10-11lbs, but maybe im not thinking the right way.

Can I bump up the boost and expect the car to run okay?

Also, when I made that pass my AF on my scanmaster was 198, 201, and crept eventually upto 205 in the upper part of 3rd.

Please shine some light on the way this works and if its going to be okay to bump up the boost and mash on it!

Thanks!

I'd bump the fuel pressure up to 43psi line off, reset the ECM and go from there. That's where mine likes to be.

You DID unplug/replug the orange ECM wire to reset the ECM right ?

I do that every time I make a change.

The WOT fuel adjustment only applies once the boost exceeds about 12psi, or about 220 gr/sec on the MAF. Your MAF numbers are about right for 10-11psi.

Since you have stock injectors, the chip is already programmed for max fuel once your MAF gets up close to 255. Increasing the WOT fuel adjustment won't add any more fuel at that point in your case, because there's no more fuel to give.

So far, it doesn't appear that lean to me if you have less than 1 degree of knock. I would slowly increase the boost a pound at a time and monitor knock.

The WOT fuel adjustment only applies once the boost exceeds about 12psi, or about 220 gr/sec on the MAF. Your MAF numbers are about right for 10-11psi.

Since you have stock injectors, the chip is already programmed for max fuel once your MAF gets up close to 255. Increasing the WOT fuel adjustment won't add any more fuel at that point in your case, because there's no more fuel to give.

So far, it doesn't appear that lean to me if you have less than 1 degree of knock. I would slowly increase the boost a pound at a time and monitor knock.

Okay, will do.
Thank you.
Ill keep you posted.