You can type here any text you want

turbonetics or precision

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hector Hernandez

Al throttle no bottle :)
i got a turbonetics ball bearing turbo 6566 and had that on my car but I just changed it to a 6262 jornal would like to know who has ran both of this turbos on their car and with one is better for my car to run atleast 10s let me know what you think

I have everything done to the car just looking for a turbo that can spool ,up quick and run into the tens

You need more than just a turbo. The whole combo has to be there for those times.
You need a good converter amongst other things.

Like I said above if you call Jack at Cottons, he is pretty close to you in Agawam mass. or Dave Husek if you want who is on Long Island NY.

Let them know what your combo is and they can get you the turbo or the parts you need to reach your goals.

I got the motor 30 over je pistons forge crank carillo rods girdle ported heads td roller rockers cosmetic gaskets the block is oring roller cam 210215 516 lift Cnc ported intake 70 mm throttle body and plenum 80 lbs injectors ls1 mass air 3" dp atr headers 3000 stall lock up multi disk from presicion trans is done 373 gears and suspension done with mt 275 60 15 in the rear and precision front mount basically looking for a turbo that can get me into the tens that spools up quick

you have all the "PARTS" you need to run into the 10's .. If you can tune it..

I would ditch the 3.73's and put back the stock 3.42's

So go with ?
If you want a fast spooling ball bearing id go with a Garrett 60-1 compressor and t04 76 "P" trim turbine cartridge and use a Garrett .63 ex housing. Spoolup will be very good. If you want to go with an MFS compressor that can be done also and spoolup will improve even more. Then you have the reliability of a Garrett ball bearing cartridge and solid 10 sec potential. If you want to go bottom 10's you can refer to the MFS 6265 turbo result thread. Lots of potential with that turbo. Of course you'd need the remaining supporting parts and be able to dial it all in to get the potential out of any of them. The converter is especially important. But like already said you already have plenty of turbo to get in done. You aren't running low 10's with 3.73 gears if you pick the traditional parts guys are running to run those numbers either. Either a 29-30" tire or go back to 3.42 if you plan on looking at getting the most out of a small turbo

Ok I'm going to get back to you this week going to see when can I take the car up so u can look it over and tell me

Back