Twin Turbo Regal?

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
Ok so I was visiting my G/F the other night at work and one of her fellow employees comes in and asks if that is my Grand National parked outsied. I tell him yes, and he asks me what engine it has so I tell him a turbocharged 3.8. He then asks if its the twin turbo model which I reply Turbo Regals only came with single turbos. He then proceeds to tell me that there were a few twin turbo Regals from the factory. Being the owner of three Turbo Regals, and researching for hours upon on these cars since I got my first one and knowing this is not true I tell him that there are people that make kits to make them twin turbo but none came this way from the factory. He then tells me I am wrong and that I should look into it. Anyways long story short, I know there were no twin turbo Regals from the factory but no matter what I say he doesnt believe me, so I want as many people as I can get to respond to this saying there wasnt so I can print it all off and throw it all in his lap.

Mine had twin turbos stock and it's also 1 of 47 ever made that had a stock supercharger for down low torque. Most people never heard of this option but it was the GNXYZ model. I also specially ordered mine with the all wheel drive and standard transmission options. Pretty amazing technology for 1988 don't you agree?

Are you serious...........you didn't know in '87 that the turbo-tX2 model had the twin turbos. It had two turbo bulges on the hood though and a full roll cage. Let him know it also came in the Monte Carlo SS Turbocoupe!!!! If he happens to find one of these, my uncle, the Easter Bunny, is in the market for one!!!

Well I just got off the phone with one of the two Turbo gods. He said that they only made one for him. His twin brother the other turbo god argues that it was made for him. The tooth Fairy had to break up the ensuing fight again.

my car actually came from the factory with twin turbos,and a 150 shot of nos...and is the only convertible model made :biggrin:

I had an uncle that worked at the factory. He took a GNXYZ-TX2 (twin turbo supercharged) and had all wheel drive and traction control with four wheel independant suspension and a V-12 installed. It's pretty cool. :D

twin turbo on streetfire.net

there is a twin turbo GN on www.streetfire.net from canada i think,street car,it is a cool video to watch,you could tell him he was right then let him embarrass himself for the rest of his life by telling people there were tx2 cars built.............type in buick in the search and it will bring up several gn videos
the silver state challange car is pretty awesome.....good day

I think they were sequential turbos.....to go with the new sequential fuel injection...... :D

my85grandnation -

since you've obviously triggered the "sarcastic reflex" of everybody :p , you might want to try putting the burden of fact-finding on the nim-rod that insisted there was a factory twin-turbo model. give him the internet address to gnttype.org and tell him to read the history of the turbo Buicks then tell him *he* needs to check *his* sources.

you might also let him know that the "twin-turbo" myth is only one of several common misconceptions about the turbo Buicks. then remember that some people just cannot be told they are wrong and ask him if the earth is flat in his world. :D

mine came with a 110 lb. blonde under the dash (with a twin turbo of course)

You're all wrong. Only the stick shift cars came with twins. Get your facts straight.

Mine originally had that damn overhead cam twin turbo 3.8 litre but I couldn't find parts to rebuild the water pump so I sold it and bought the "base" GN power plant. Not as fast but it will just have to do for now! :(

Thanks for all the replies guys. If you want to keep it coming and I will give him a stack 10 pages long to sift thru and then see if he has anything to answer it with. :D