You can type here any text you want

UB Machine upper arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOLICKER

Does anyone have a definitive list of part numbers for the UB machine uppers? What is the stock replacement number? What is the number for use with B-Body spindles and what is the nuber with bump stops and anti dive plate? I've called them and can't seem to get exact info!!!What is the stock length on our arms? I remember that using stock arms required 1/2 inch spacers or offset upper shafts so I assume a B-Body brake set up would use an arm 1/2" shorter.

Thanks!

I can't answer all your questions, but I run UB Machine upper front arms and the P/N that I have is 14-0809-5R. I run these with stock spindles. If I remember correctly, I couldn't get as much caster as I wanted with these arms though. I think I was limited to ~2.5 degrees when I wanted something like 4 degrees.

If you can wait a little while I've been doing some research on tubular arms and have found some that will run around $200 and will provide more caster for the G bodys. There's more to come on this but for now all I'll say is that the stock upper is barely over 8.5" long and the offset for the ball joint is offset 1.375".

I really have no idea how UB machine would even have an upper a-arm in stock. We have purchased their stock since 2005. Same units we sell for $135 a set on our site. It is hard enough to get enough arms to keep up with what we sell.
We sent them B-body upper a-arms back in 06 & they never got built. What most people do is run the longer ball joint. We carry the proforged longer ball joints & the UMI ball joints for this application.

I don't know the part numbers for my UB arms, but they are custom designed ones that use 80's C10 upper balljoints (1/2" taller) and have different geometry than the OEM replacements. I can get up to -3 degrees camber and over 5 degrees caster. They were designed by a guy named Michael Crawford at a small shop called Hellbilly Hotrods. The arms were designed with the purpose of providing a cheap alternative for grassroots motorsports racing. I paid $130 or so for them. I'm sure if you call him you can jog his memory about these.

Bweavy, you should look into stocking these arms. They would sell like hotcakes IMO. You should also hook me up with a good discount on all the weatherstripping / bumper fillers / headlight buckets I'm going to buy from you soon for my great idea lol. J/K

Back