You can type here any text you want

UMI Known for Squeaky Bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I installed UMI lower and upper control arms in 2011 and by the time I got my car running in 2012, I noticed a lot squeaking. I wasn't sure of the source, so I started off with replacing the rear lower and upper control arms and rear swaybar with a H&R parts. It made some difference, because the bushings were shot in the rear upper and lower control arms. I was still hearing the squeaking, so I installed body bushing from Kriban. That made a lot of difference, the best $40 I ever spent on the car. However, still hear squeaking from the front. Since the UMI have poly bushings are they more prone to squeak and is there anything that can be done about it?

That's why I went with UMI tubular control arms with Delrin bushings...smooth and no squeaks.
Not sure if you can swap out the polyurethane bushings for UMI's Delrin bushing?
Might be a good idea to give them a call to find out.

UMI parts have been on my car for 4 years and never had any issues with squeaking.

Mine were bought 6 years ago, installed 5 years ago. I'm going to grease them up really good and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing all of my rear control arms with UMI and poly bushings I also noticed squeaks when going over larger bumps. The car handles better and it's not a daily driver so I considered it acceptable. I grease them once a year.

After doing all of my rear control arms with UMI and poly bushings I also noticed squeaks when going over larger bumps. The car handles better and it's not a daily driver so I considered it acceptable. I grease them once a year.
I switched my rear out with HR upper and lower and their swaybar. All the squeaking disappeared in the rear. However the bushing are rubber in HR parts. Mine isn't a daily driver either, but when I first bought it in 2008, the car didn't squeaky at all. Then I got the thicker swaybar for the rear and switched out the stock control arms, upper and lower in the front and my car turned into a squeak feast. The big swaybar I bought from FT I'm told will destroy the stock bushing in the control arms in the rear and UMI are poly urethane so they are going to squeak. However, I have the motor out of my car right now and I'm going to lube the control arms up with synthetic grease and hopefully that takes care of the problem or at least alievates it somewhat. If that don't work, then when I get the money and a chance I'll swap out the fronts with either stock reproduction control arms or get UMI's Delrin bushings.

You can never use too much grease with poly bushings. And be sure to use grease that is recommended for poly.

loosen the nut on the control arm, just a tad, that will eliminate the squeek, this recommendation came from Ramey at umi. Worked for me.

Back