You can type here any text you want

Up pipe to Turbo adapter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jessecool

I am looking for the trianglular adapter that goes in between the turbo and up-pipe for a stock hotair setup.....if anyone has one or any info where to get one it would help...thanks

The donut i already have, thats for the downpipe. The flange looks like what i need, but the one side is flat and the other side should be rounded to accept the flared up-pipe i think... I purchased the copper gasket from g body but its flat copper and my stock up-pipe is dished round flared. I think if i put it together the up-pipe will cut the copper gasket when torqued.:confused:

I actually had 2 NOS adapters for the up pipe. Some one working for me liked them more then I did. We were talking to our machine shop about making them. They want to do 100 or they don't want to do it.

I'll swing by there today & see if they will do a smaller run. If it's too pricey for Stainless I'll see what they can do in steel. I know the price was no where near $25.00 though. I'll see what I can do where we can get new ones & retail them for under $50.00. Maybe with the economy they will do a smaller run.

I have one you can borrow until you locate one of your own if you are interested. Brad

Just got home and am so tired I really don't feel like going to the shop to take the pic. Sorry Jesse.:redface: I get off earlier tomorrow so I should be able to get the pic for you so we can make sure it's what you are looking for.:smile:

I guess they are worth what ever the buyer is willing to pay to look stock...because there is an aftermarket universal flange available for 25$, but welding is required.

I you are looking for one like shown here-

Turbo pics 001.jpg

yeah...thats the one he needs... i have a bunch of them! lol i saved them from 3 or 4 cars and turbos that ive had in the past... i know they break at the bolt holes easy when over-torqued... im trying to have my cnc guy make a couple and see how they do! lol

john:biggrin:

Here's the one I promised a pic of Jesse. I can see no issues with it and it has a "ring" to it when you hit it lightly proving there no cracks in it.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 169
Racemybuick, if your CNC guy makes any of those i would pick up a spare..keep us posted on that topic

I looked at my adapter and not 1 but 2 cracks (1 almost has the ear broke off) the crud and dirt had them well hidden...soooo anybody have 1 for sale? Dont have to be pretty just not cracked.

I had actually thought about that and tightened it up just to see. When a put just a tiny amount of torque to it the 1 cracked ear REALLY opens up so I imagine a little bit of heat would send it to the junkyard in the sky. I have a beautiful up-pipe that I bought from Brad and now a broke adapter ring...go figure.

Back