You can type here any text you want

Update on 427 LSX tiwn turbo 93 Supra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

The Supra has about 10 passes on it so far and went a best of 5.73 at 135ish in the 1/8 running on just the wastegate springs and only a 1.59 60' today. Adam was adding a little more lauch boost each run and planning to crank the overall boost up also and he likely got faster after I left but I had my little girls with me today and they had had enough so I had to leave a little early. :p Here are a few pics that the guys from 1320Video took a few weeks ago at a Shootout at OIR. This was the cars first time out and it was plagued with scavange pump problems. I love the double bead locked Magnums!:biggrin: I will try to get some interior pics of the car soon. The car still have a complete stock interior and everything works like it should. The E-brake handle is the parachute release and the air shifter is all hidden in the stock console!

Attachments

• adam01.jpg
    adam01.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 4,186
  • adam03.jpg
    adam03.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,931
  • adam02.jpg
    adam02.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,944
1320video rocks...They are local where I am at and will take pictures of you car for free...I think?;)

Wow what a unique combo, I bet the Supra crowd is floored when the hoods open. That's one of the few engines that can come in a crate and take on the Supra block and win.

What's your HP/TQ goal for the LSX?
How much boost you gonna test that 6 bolt head with?

Wow what a unique combo, I bet the Supra crowd is floored when the hoods open. That's one of the few engines that can come in a crate and take on the Supra block and win.

What's your HP/TQ goal for the LSX?
How much boost you gonna test that 6 bolt head with?

The combo was put together to be in the 2K+ horsepower area, but it has not been pushed nearly that hard yet. As far as how much boost--that is yet to be determined, but I guess the answer is as much as it takes!:D Adam(the owner of the car) is not scared to push it to what ever level is needed to be competetive.

That's one of the best engine swaps I've seen. Really nice ride.

I saw your car at Memphis a while back and coming from you that means something! I was impressed with how nice and clean your car is. Adam is hoping to get out and travel to some races next year so you guys may end up at the same track sometime or another. The car was just finished in Sept. so Adam is still working everything out but once its lined out he wants to attend some of the bigger races.

I saw your car at Memphis a while back and coming from you that means something! I was impressed with how nice and clean your car is. Adam is hoping to get out and travel to some races next year so you guys may end up at the same track sometime or another. The car was just finished in Sept. so Adam is still working everything out but once its lined out he wants to attend some of the bigger races.

I look forward to seeing it out. I'm a little partial to the color too:D

Really this is so cool, the Supra is my favorite import and the LSX motor is the FI engine of choice. I'll trade you for my 91 Turbo Talon, it's faster than this car in the snow you know. ;)

You're going to get this appraised right?
If it's already done I'd like to make a guess of $55k.

I look forward to seeing it out. I'm a little partial to the color too:D

The paint is original and I don't follow the Supras that closely but apparently its a pretty rare color for them. It started out life as a twin turbo car. I was a little surprized but the Supra guys seem to like.

Really this is so cool, the Supra is my favorite import and the LSX motor is the FI engine of choice. I'll trade you for my 91 Turbo Talon, it's faster than this car in the snow you know. ;)

You're going to get this appraised right?
If it's already done I'd like to make a guess of $55k.

I do not know exactly what Adam has in the car money wise but I am pretty sure $55k wouldn't cover it. The car has a lot more chassis work than you can see from just the outside pics which all adds up. The rules are pretty specific for the type of chassis modifications that are allowed for the type of racing that Adam wanted to do and everything had to be fabricated by TYDO Race Cars (TYDO Race Cars) because there are no "bolt on" suspension kits to convert a Supra over to True 10.5 type racing. The car still has a full stock interior and everything still works as is should and there are no body mods. With the hood closed it would be hard to tell it is a race car other than the wheels. The parachute mounts where the factory licence plate goes and you can remove the bolt in the rear hatch area and pull the chute and mount out and slide another mount in its place that has a licence plate on it and with the licence plate in place it looks completely stock.

Back