You can type here any text you want

Upgrades For Non-turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

Anyone know where I can buy some power boosters for my 84 Limited w/4.1?
I am looking for a chip, and some ideas for an exhaust. It seems the thing I can do are limited unless I want to take apart the motor. Which is fine but I am waiting to do that when I pull it for a rebuild. Any ideas? -Mike

W/O going into the engine..... Ignition, Intake, Exhaust, Gears if you have a 2series set.
A 50 wet shot of Nitrous would be fine on the motor as long as the timing is taken care of. Of bcouse a blower or turbo would be the best power adder

Waste of effort to do anything but drive it until you do the turbo upgrade. Why is this even a thought?

Lol. I so agree. I wana go turbo in this thing. I am thinking of doing a transplant rather than upgrade it on the 4.1 block.

Yes I love JEGS. But I am looking to upgrade the engine, not replace it.

Good call, somewhere here is a 4.1L budget build in these forums, or gnttype. Build a strong bottome end and throw heads on it, and you will have a very stout combo.

I have an Edelbrock Performer intake that has been ported to match Fel-Pro 1200 intake gaskets. (it will need to used on ported heads, only) I also have a set of Hooker turbo headers, that you can use in a NA application. Just leave the cross-over/up pipe off. The Hooker design is a good design for a NA engine. I will sell both for $150 plus shipping. PM me for my phone number.
Add a set of ported heads, and your 4.1 will run pretty good. Add a 100 shot of nitrous, and you will have alot of fun.:smile:

I am all set for now. I am looking to get a chip first. and some new wheels. Thank you tho. When I get the funds and if ya still got it, I'll come to you first.

Back