You can type here any text you want

vac brake hook up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
where can we tap into for a vacumm source? i dont like that aluminum vac block with the niple for vacumm! iam just wondering if any one had a beeter way maybe a tee from pcv valve line or drill and tap the back of the dog house and use a coper nipple? thanks for any input:biggrin:

maybe a tee from pcv valve line

That's the ticket.... replace the factory 90 deg. formed hose from the pvc to the hard line with a tee and 2 appropriate length hoses, leaving 1 nipple on the tee facing backwards towards the firewall. Run your hose from there, behind (or in front of) the coil pack and to the booster. Done.... :smile: Pics of mine are in one of the recent vac. brake threads. All three sources you mentioned will give you the exact same result.... the above method looks the most factory, involves the least work, and costs the least... :wink:

thanks ill look for the pics....i think this would look mutch better qand give it a more "factory" look thanks gil:biggrin:

Keep in mind that the pcv line may have a bit of a lower vacuum reference as it actually allows are in from the pcv... With that being said the plenum option would be best if you notice the brakes not working as well as they should be.

Back