You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Brake Question???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SHEPP2

Hi, I have a 87 GN and im in process of converting over to vacuum brakes due to heart beat in my pedal..lol My question are do it has to be a 1986-87 monte carlo pedal hoping to find one today at the junk yard Im asking b/c I have a 1985 regal part car and thought I could use that vacuum pedal. Second question I read tomttype install and the booster he used but I also came across 90 chevy caprice booster which have been used as well on our cars. Which would you suggest?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I did this years ago and simply went to Advance auto and bought a new 1987 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brake set up for something like $130.00 and then went to a junk yard and bought a brake peddle for the same year Monte Carlo (don't have to be a SS) this way I knew they would both mate up correctly... I wouldn't advise mismatching boosters and peddles because there is a chance they won't match up.

Thanks Scot I really do appreciate the advice!! I've been watching your car for a while taking notes.

I did this years ago and simply went to Advance auto and bought a new 1987 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brake set up for something like $130.00 and then went to a junk yard and bought a brake peddle for the same year Monte Carlo (don't have to be a SS) this way I knew they would both mate up correctly... I wouldn't advise mismatching boosters and peddles because there is a chance they won't match up.
X2, the only difference is I paid about 20$ more a couple months ago.

Back