You can type here any text you want

vacuum brake setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just to nip this myth in the bud once again, because apparently, it still lives, I actually prefer using the "T" fitting above the PCV rather than using a TTA vacuum block because it's less visually obtrusive. There is no downside to acquiring vacuum from that location (PCV). :smile:

YUP! ;)

Me too.... and YUP! x2... thanks Nick!! (from 8 years ago)... :biggrin:

I see you know your s--t and i was wondering do you think having a 7th injector from atr that no longer works witch the vac is rerouted through might be a problem ??

ty for the quick fix as you know a new pcv vaulve is very cheap, easy and I prob would of changed the whole system ty tyvm.

vacuum v hydroboost

This is exactly why Buick NEVER installed a vacuum booster on their Turbo cars. NO VACUUM. Vacuum boosters are rated to provide proper stopping power at 20" of vacuum. GM has always had to grinds their cams to provide this vacuum. Diesels have no throttle blade, and thus no vacuum. Answer? Hydroboost. Turbo charging? Answer? Hydroboost. We had this problem inb the 60's with new Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. when they put Holley , cam, and headers on those cars. There they were, at 7" of vacuum, and a hard pedal. The L88 Corvettes were not sold to the public, as 7" of vacuum was unsafe to sell to the public for stopping a fast car. Nothing has changed. Vacuum boosters need vacuum. People here on this very forum find they can hold the car up to 22lbs of BOOST on the line without redlighting, using a HYDROBOOST. To prove that it works, Buick installed Hydroboosts on the 83-85 T-Types. NO ONE here has ever had a problem with their brakes with the 83-85 cars. Electric boosters are prone to pump failure. The seals leak fluid into the windings of the 12v pump, shorting it out, and popping fuses. The plastic vanes in the pump wear out, and the pump can not build enough pressure to open the pressure switch..

Why do you keep posting this crap? Just to hype your product? :mad:

GM used vac brakes on many turbo cars including the 1989 TTA that used the Buick V-6 inter-cooled drivetrain.

There are more than hundreds of GN's, if not thousands, that are using a vac booster with great success. Many of these are track cars, not just street cruisers.

As far as the older carbed car, many came from the factory with only manual brakes, and the racers with modified cars also went with a manual master cylinder. Our GN's even in 9 sec. range generate enough vac for them to operate properly. The cams we use are not comparable to those cars, so your analogy is not valid here.

The only turbo Buick that I owned, someone did the Hydroboost conversion and it was a real PIA with the extra hoses and leaks. When I had a fleet of commercial vehicles, the Hydroboost units gave me issues, but NEVER had a vac booster problem.

Contrary to your claim of NEVER a problem with HB on early turbo cars, I can attest to many of them needing repair or replacement.

As far as holding boost, make NO difference what method of power assist is used, it is all the other factors like converter, tires, track surface, certainly mechanical condition of the brake cylinders, pads, lining and other items that determine how well a given car can perform.

I also call BS on 22 psi on the line, so please refer me to the documentation to verify this feat. Other than a couple very fast big-tire cars leaving close to that, do not see where that is needed, or even possible on a steetable GN? :confused:

If you were to post that the HB is an option to vac, manual or the dreaded PM, you might have some credibility. At this point, your continuing "used car salesman" approach to push your product is over the top.

Why do you keep posting this crap? Just to hype your product? :mad:

GM used vac brakes on many turbo cars including the 1989 TTA that used the Buick V-6 inter-cooled drivetrain.

There are more than hundreds of GN's, if not thousands, that are using a vac booster with great success. Many of these are track cars, not just street cruisers.

As far as the older carbed car, many came from the factory with only manual brakes, and the racers with modified cars also went with a manual master cylinder. Our GN's even in 9 sec. range generate enough vac for them to operate properly. The cams we use are not comparable to those cars, so your analogy is not valid here.

The only turbo Buick that I owned, someone did the Hydroboost conversion and it was a real PIA with the extra hoses and leaks. When I had a fleet of commercial vehicles, the Hydroboost units gave me issues, but NEVER had a vac booster problem.

Contrary to your claim of NEVER a problem with HB on early turbo cars, I can attest to many of them needing repair or replacement.

As far as holding boost, make NO difference what method of power assist is used, it is all the other factors like converter, tires, track surface, certainly mechanical condition of the brake cylinders, pads, lining and other items that determine how well a given car can perform.

I also call BS on 22 psi on the line, so please refer me to the documentation to verify this feat. Other than a couple very fast big-tire cars leaving close to that, do not see where that is needed, or even possible on a steetable GN? :confused:

If you were to post that the HB is an option to vac, manual or the dreaded PM, you might have some credibility. At this point, your continuing "used car salesman" approach to push your product is over the top.

I agree!

I have warned him and warned him...

Oh well:rolleyes: Bye...

Back